Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Trouble updating T1 readerpc software

HI,

I've had my T1 for like a month now, it's been acting great except for one thing, it can't see all of the books. I had trouble with the first Reader PC software so I sideloaded the books and that did ok. I only put like 400 on there at first, but books in some of the folders, it can't see.

Sooo, I checked to MR, and found there was an upgrade for it. Now I can't get the software unzip. It sez " error reading setup intialization file when I click on it. Can anyone help here? Thanx!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I use Calibre it's free and can sync the books between itself and the T1. I was using Calibre for a library before I even owned an ereader I think it's probably the best way to keep ebooks organised.

You also should know you should extract files from zips before running them it sounds to me like you might be trying to run it inside the zip and that will give you problems. Usually you can just right click on a zip file and choose extract here.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
I was extracting the reader software on my computer, not the T1, but I guess you're right, it's probably best to use Calibre instead of Sony library software. Thanx!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote