Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
honeybadger
honeybadger began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2 and ipad 2
Truncated Titles

I tried searching and do not see a definitive answer. Is there a way I can see the full titles for my books?

It seems very limited on the # of characters and I get very few titles of any length shown without cutting off half of it.
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Truncated Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
I tried searching and do not see a definitive answer. Is there a way I can see the full titles for my books?

It seems very limited on the # of characters and I get very few titles of any length shown without cutting off half of it.
At Home, page down to the page where your book is located. Select the book by moving down the page till the selector underlines the title and the full title will appear after a moment. Go right and the full title and some other metadata will appear.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
honeybadger

thanks. some do, some dont. Is there any way to show them without highlighting one at a time? pretty tedious when you consider this is pretty much the entire purpose of a reader.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
Is there any way to show them without highlighting one at a time?
nope.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
honeybadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
nope.
thats a pretty big omission for me.
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Switch to landscape and more of the title will be shown (but then you are in landscape orientation). Also you can go to the description page to see more of the title (and cover image). The latter requires moving to the item however. Finally, if it is something from Amazon, you can go to the Kindle Store description (when wireless is on).

On Kindle Touch touch and hold to see more of the title (and cover image).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote