Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #196
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like that for all of them. For example "Metzengerstein"
Notes in that volume seem to be missing indeed. Maybe you can get them from scanned editions in Google Books or The Internet Archive. See here for instance
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #197
VICROAMER
Enthusiast
VICROAMER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I nominate Joshua Slocum's "Sailing Alone Around the World".
Slocum was the first person to sail around the world alone, the book is about his single-handed global circumnavigation.The PD copies I've found to date have lacked illustrations and formatting could be better. I read this book years ago and found it a good read well worth inclusion in the Library.
VICROAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #198
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICROAMER View Post
Slocum was the first person to sail around the world alone, the book is about his single-handed global circumnavigation.The PD copies I've found to date have lacked illustrations and formatting could be better. I read this book years ago and found it a good read well worth inclusion in the Library.
Is this book in the public domain? When did Mr. Slocum die?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #199
VICROAMER
Enthusiast

Died at sea November 1909. Wikipedia has a Joshua Slocum page, a google search will turn up more. There's a copy of the book on manybooks.net but it lacks illustrations.
Hope this helps
Old 12-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #200
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
I nominate Joshua Slocum's "Sailing Alone Around the World". ... The PD copies I've found to date have lacked illustrations and formatting could be better. ...
Project Gutenberg has illustrated versions in Kindle/MOBI, ePub, and HTML formats.

Last edited by dwig; 12-25-2010 at 09:01 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #201
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Died at sea November 1909. Wikipedia has a Joshua Slocum page, a google search will turn up more. There's a copy of the book on manybooks.net but it lacks illustrations.
Hope this helps
Project Gutenberg has it with illustrations, in text, HTML, Mobi and ePub formats, among others, here.

It's not clear what PG did with the illustrations. A local conversion to Mobi format is 6.2MB, even with high compression used. The PG copy is listed at 2.1 MB, so I suspect the illustrations are resized.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #202
VICROAMER
Enthusiast

OK I've got it loaded from PG, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 AM   #203
Philosopher
Connoisseur
Philosopher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Elie Wiesel's Night

I have searched all over for a copy of Elie Wiesel's Night in ebook (any format) unsuccessfully. Certainly this is a book worthy of being available in this format.

If anyone knows how I can get a copy please let me know.

Thanks
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #204
Philosopher
Connoisseur

Elie Wiesel's Night

I have searched all over for a copy of Elie Wiesel's Night in ebook (any format) unsuccessfully. Certainly this is a book worthy of being available in this format.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #205
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST BOOKS THAT ARE STILL IN COPYRIGHT

I don't know how to get this request across more clearly!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #206
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher View Post

Thanks
It appears not to be available except in audio-format, according to ebooks.addall.com.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #207
Philosopher
Connoisseur

I appreciate the "warning." However if you read my post carefully I never said I was unwilling to PURCHASE said book. In fact in my "searches" "all over the place" it included Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a host of other COMMERCIAL booksellers.

It just amazes me that so many of his other works are in ebook format - but this one is not. I was hoping I could find someone who knew where it could be found in that format - I never implied it had to be given to me free or pirated.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #208
peegee
Enthusiast
peegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Quote:
Project Gutenberg have a good quality version with images, see http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6317

Edit: sorry, don't know how I missed the other replies saying exactly the same thing!

Last edited by peegee; 01-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
peegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #209
bedak
bedak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Im searching for book The Beach - Alex Garland and I cant find it ... Please upload version for Kindle .mobi or .prc or similar format.

Thank you so much!
bedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #210
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedak View Post
Im searching for book The Beach - Alex Garland and I cant find it ... Please upload version for Kindle .mobi or .prc or similar format.
We can't. It's a copyrighted book, dating from 1996, and not legal to post here.

Amazon seems to have the paperback - see http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...8417&x=15&y=19 but there doesn't seem to be an ebook edition.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote