I'm okay with the current auto-shutdown feature 12 17.65%
I don't care 4 5.88%
It's better to make the durtion longer before shutdown 14 20.59%
Please remove the feature !!! 33 48.53%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
vote - the auto-shut-off feature - poll!

vote - the auto-shut-off feature

No one blame on the sleep mode till now, so, the default answer to the (auto-) sleep mode is "Yes".

So this poll is just for auto-shutdown feature.

Last edited by fred_yu_job; 07-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Not enough options, in my opinion.

My preference would be an auto-sleep, that just stays in sleep mode. So I voted to remove auto-shutdown even though I think there should be an "auto-something" feature.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post

My preference would be an auto-sleep, that just stays in sleep mode. So I voted to remove auto-shutdown even though I think there should be an "auto-something" feature.
Agreed. I like the auto-sleep, just not the forced shutdown that follows several minutes after it.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
I voted for the ''please remove the feature".

It really doesn't bother me too much, but had the feature been done properly it would have had a default setting and then also let you choose a manual on/off setting if you did't like the default setting. Also you should be able to select your own duration time for both the standby mode and the auto shut-down mode if you wish to use one or both of them.

Note, that I said if you wish to use them, not forced to use them.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
trogdor
trogdor began at the beginning.

Personally, I'm ok with it but, at the same time, I think it should be a "feature" that the user should be able to control (i.e. enable/disable, duration).
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

It's not that big a deal to me, really. I voted to keep it as is, because I'd rather have the unit shut down if I stick it in my bag and forget to turn it off. But if there were another option, I'd prefer to be able to set my own sleep/shutdown times. That option wasn't on the list, however.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
message from kobo saying an option "on" and "off" is being considered...

The purpose of this poll is to help them make the decision: option, change the time or remove...

Last edited by fred_yu_job; 07-12-2010 at 09:14 AM.
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post

I like this option (but I did not vote).
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
If one walks away from a book for 15 minutes, what the heck difference does it make if it takes another 30 seconds to get back to where you were?

Just my opinion, of course. The v1.4 "sleep" function is OK with me.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
I would be happy with an OPTIONAL and configurable "Auto Shutdown" if it went straight back to the page being read and was hopefully a lot quicker in doing so.

John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote