Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-01-2015, 04:49 AM   #1
edwardglover
edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: None
4.8/5 Star Historial Fiction eBook: Free Today!

Good morning MobileRead members. I'd like to let you know that to mark the publication of the second book in my Herzberg Trilogy (Fortune's Sonata: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0992955114), I am making the Kindle edition of the first volume, The Music Book, available to download for free for a limited time.

It can be obtained from the Amazon Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KAWXLCW

edwardglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Edward, thank you for making this book available for free download. I've looked at the first few pages of the book and was somewhat taken aback to see that it has neither indentation of the first lines of paragraphs, nor spacing between paragraphs. This makes it rather difficult to read! Obviously I can easily change the paragraph formatting myself, but it really should be right to begin with - not everyone will know how to edit their book.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-01-2015 at 05:53 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:56 AM   #3
edwardglover
edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.edwardglover solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Edward, thank you for making this book available for free download. I've looked at the first few pages of the book and was somewhat taken aback to see that it has neither indentation of the first lines of paragraphs, nor spacing between paragraphs. This makes it rather difficult to read! Obviously I can easily change the paragraph formatting myself, but it really should be right to begin with - not everyone will know how to edit their book.
Harry, thanks for taking a look. I'm not sure what device you are using, but that is strange, as the Kindle edition was produced using Amazon's own recommended templates. In my experience (which is, admittedly, fairly limited) some people like lots of spacing and indents, and others find it interrupts the flow too much. Either way, I hope you will decide to persevere with it.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If you will simply open the book yourself and view your sample, you will see that Harry is right.

This is very off-setting and should be corrected.

I can't imagine anyone who would want to read a book that has no indents WHEN the book also has no lines separating the paragraphs.

Again, simply open your sample on Amazon and view it for yourself.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:21 AM   #5
edwardglover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you will simply open the book yourself and view your sample, you will see that Harry is right.

This is very off-setting and should be corrected.

I can't imagine anyone who would want to read a book that has no indents WHEN the book also has no lines separating the paragraphs.

Again, simply open your sample on Amazon and view it for yourself.
Well, I will certainly bow down to the experience of a forum such as this and have this looked at and updated.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardglover View Post
Well, I will certainly bow down to the experience of a forum such as this and have this looked at and updated.
You'll get a lot more readers.

Understand, please, that having spaces between paragraphs is a personal matter. BUT, when there are no spaces AND when there are no indents you get this:

It was a badly formatted book on the best of days and on the worst of days. Let all good men come to the aid of their ebook. And women, too. It was the worst of formatted boooks and no one wanted to read it - Hoooooooooo, boy!
New paragraph: it was the worst of days, it was the best of days. It was a badly formatted ebook that the author will attempt to correct.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #7
edwardglover

My thanks to you both. A updated version with indents is now in review and should be published shortly.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Many thanks, Edward. As I said, it's no big deal for knowledgeable people to correct, but the majority of readers won't have that knowledge.

It looks like an interesting book and I look forward to reading it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardglover View Post
My thanks to you both. A updated version with indents is now in review and should be published shortly.
Here's the Amazon.com (US) link.

Looking forward to reading the revised,updated edition. Please let us know when it's available.

Last edited by Froide; 06-01-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #10
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Here's the Amazon.com (US) link.

Looking forward to reading the revised,updated edition. Please let us know when it's available.
Seems to be updated, get it!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #11
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Roger, Willco
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post

Yessir! Right Away, Sir!

Tags
fiction, free, historical fiction, kindle, romance