Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Just got back from B&N with my $128 Nook Color.

I picked up a Nook Color at my local B&N for $128 this morning. Yes, I could have gotten it for $34 less, so $94 when all was said and done, but I was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered to maximize my savings which would have taken more time and involve buying it off the website and thus shipped. You know the old saying "A Nook in the hand is worth two in the bush." I still think that $128 for a Nook Color is a good deal. Taxes took quite a bite. I'm in a 10% sales tax state.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
was it a sale? if so how long is it going to last?
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Could you be any more vague?
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Could you be any more vague?
Yes I can.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzasuro View Post
was it a sale? if so how long is it going to last?
It's the Groupon deal. Get 14 of those GCs and use them to buy a Nook Color for half price. If you use a Discover card you can get an extra 20% off and if you buy online you can get another 4.5% cashback. I didn't do the Discover card thing or buy online.

Some people are getting their NCs for free since in December Groupon was giving away Groupon credit for free. You can use those to buy B&N GCs today.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I guess they didn't enforce this restriction:

Barnes & Noble Groupon Terms and Conditions
Your use or purchase of this Groupon for Barnes & Noble products and services (“BN Groupon”) indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.

Limit 1 per person. Valid on all items - including sale items. Not valid on previous purchases and/or adjustments. Not valid with other offers.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
I guess they didn't enforce this restriction:

Barnes & Noble Groupon Terms and Conditions
Your use or purchase of this Groupon for Barnes & Noble products and services (“BN Groupon”) indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.

Limit 1 per person. Valid on all items - including sale items. Not valid on previous purchases and/or adjustments. Not valid with other offers.
Those are the restrictions Groupon said that B&N would apply. Maybe they should have asked B&N first. Because B&N has a different story. I already knew there wasn't a restriction when I headed out this morning. At the store, the mgr called corp to confirm and she told them exactly how many I wanted to use. She spoke to two people at corp, including a supervisor, and the "official" B&N policy is that you can apply as many of them as you want. So B&N isn't enforcing the restriction because there isn't one.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
That's great. I looked at the website to purchase a NC using a gift cert (I assume that is the category that the Groupon would fall under) and it looked it would only allow 3 ...

I might have to pick up another one!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
That's great. I looked at the website to purchase a NC using a gift cert (I assume that is the category that the Groupon would fall under) and it looked it would only allow 3 ...

I might have to pick up another one!
Yep. The online system only allows for 3 GC's. The phone payment systems allows an unlimited amount. So buy it online but instead of paying right there and then, pick the pay by phone option. You'll get a email confirmation with a number to call to pay by phone. Using that, you can use as many as you like just like in a store. It's all automated. If it says an error occurred when you are all done, it means that you mistyped a number along the way. Just do it again. If you are doing these online methods, remember to get cashback.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Thats a pretty good deal....Im surprised ya even were able to get yer hands on one...
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #11
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Thats a pretty good deal....Im surprised ya even were able to get yer hands on one...
The stores around me have plenty. You can check local store inventory on the B&N website. If it says OOS, don't believe it. Just hit refresh a couple of times and presto, they are magically back in stock.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Interesting, because you're not supposed to be able to use coupons for the purchase of nooks. :/

Edit: Der, sorry, need more coffee. It's a gift card, not a coupon. I need more coffee. Congrats on your purchase! There shouldn't be any reason you can use multiple ones since they're basically gift cards. The only one who should have an issue is Groupon, but hey, they aren't checking. :P

Last edited by jedifarfy; 02-04-2011 at 07:03 PM.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Can you explain how you did this? So I buy enough Groupons to cover $250? Then it only costs 125?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
It will only let me buy 1 groupon at a time do I just keep doing it 14 times?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
It will only let me buy 1 groupon at a time do I just keep doing it 14 times?
Pretty much. Read the wiki in this thread to get an overview.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2635411