Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Me as well... infact i used my 10 dollar credit on it!

regards

jack
This is freaky, I used my $10.00 on it too. Great minds think alike!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #17
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
This is freaky, I used my $10.00 on it too. Great minds think alike!
they do indeed.

Also love tne new fonts with the book makes it so much easier to read it now.

regards

jack
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
Robocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
i have it as well but currently not reading it, i'll read it soon though.
reading another new one

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i have it as well but currently not reading it, i'll read it soon though.
reading another new one

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
I'm enjoying it so far, even though it's kind of scaring me. Also, the irony of reading a book about killer technology on my ereader is not lost on me.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #20
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Had the same exact experience with that series, but that topic deserves it's own thread.
I agree it lags for a while in the middle, but it picks up again. I also love the freshness that Brandon Sanderson brings to #12, #13 and I will assume also to unreleased and final #14.
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid View Post
I agree it lags for a while in the middle, but it picks up again. I also love the freshness that Brandon Sanderson brings to #12, #13 and I will assume also to unreleased and final #14.
I am almost thinking skipping book 10 & 11 and jumping straight to 12. Or I could try the audio books.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
The Last Wish - http://kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Last-...K2w/page1.html
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
Charbucks
Charbucks has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzC View Post
Currently reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" and just about start " A Feast for Crows". AFFC has been sitting idle for a couple weeks since I heard it's pretty lame compared to the first three books.
I'm also re-(re-re-) reading A Song of Ice and Fire in preparation for A Dance with Dragons (the advantage of being a fast reader with a poor memory is that I get to read my favourite books over and over again). I think the only reason AFFC is considered lame is because it doesn't have everyone's favourite timelines (Jon, Tyrion, Daenarys, etc). It's still definitely worth reading.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbucks View Post
I'm also re-(re-re-) reading A Song of Ice and Fire in preparation for A Dance with Dragons (the advantage of being a fast reader with a poor memory is that I get to read my favourite books over and over again). I think the only reason AFFC is considered lame is because it doesn't have everyone's favourite timelines (Jon, Tyrion, Daenarys, etc). It's still definitely worth reading.
I'm actually a ways into the book now and my main problem with it is the ridiculous amount of Cersei chapters. She is such annoying character. Looking at the ToC it shows only 1 Sansa chapter and only 2 Arya chapters while Cersei has like a dozen . Obviously the lack of Jon and Tyrion is a bummer to.

Looking forward to ADWD though. Also doing my best to avoid online spoilers since It leaked earlier this week.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #25
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Fraser Nixon - The Man Who Killed (first novel by a Vancouver author, nice reviews in the Globe and Mail mid-May) -- a Kindle edition because the Kobo was $15 and the Kindle $10

and

Dorothy L Sayers - Whose Body? (first novel in the Peter Whimsy series, also available here at Mobile Read)

and

just finished The First Rumpole Omnibus by John Mortimer (in an appalling, typo-ridden edition by Penguin books ... who ought to be ashamed of themselves for this release) -- a Kobo edition.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Dorothy L Sayers - Whose Body? (first novel in the Peter Whimsy series, also available here at Mobile Read)
Have always loved those books since seeing them on Masterpiece Theater with Ian Carmichael as Whimsey
Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #27
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
It's impossible to keep Carmichael out of my mind's eye or ear, alas.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #28
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Just finished Batavia by Peter Fitzsimons

Was hoping to get my Kobo Touch in time for starting the next book, but alas, no look.

RIght now: Game of Thrones
Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #29
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrizz View Post
Just finished Batavia by Peter Fitzsimons
What did you think of it? I've been eyeing it for some time, but my local library has it out with many reserves and the KoboBooks listing is a bit too pricey for instant gratification.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #30
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
What did you think of it? I've been eyeing it for some time, but my local library has it out with many reserves and the KoboBooks listing is a bit too pricey for instant gratification.
Pretty gruesome story. Even more so when you remember that it's pretty much a true story.

But a good and interesting read nonetheless. I would recommend it. Some interesting insight into the 17th century, especially in relation to life at sea.
Although at times it did drag on a bit, but then again, that's how the events unfolded and I guess the author didn't want cut things out. But there were times when I thought: (minor spoiler)
Spoiler:
alright, another series of murders, great, can we get on with this now ?

I bought it with a coupon (I think the 20% one) so the price was ok.
Closed Thread