Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Thumbs up Recommendation

I am from india..
invariably i should import this item..
i like to buy ebook..after gone through the forum i am confused.
it should be cheap..and comfortable..
night reading..
magazine reading..
someone
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
imperceptible
Banned
imperceptible is on a distinguished road

Device: I want to get a reader to read to my off spring.
Um I would recommened buying the Sony reader 505 it just went down to 180 dollars a 130 dollar drop! And they announced it will be sold outside the United States. This deal stands until December 18th. Unfortunatly I bought one to early. The sony is nice and comfortable in the hand and offers 2000 different magazines.(50 from india!)

Good Luck!
imperceptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperceptible View Post
Um I would recommened buying the Sony reader 505 it just went down to 180 dollars a 130 dollar drop! And they announced it will be sold outside the United States. This deal stands until December 18th. Unfortunatly I bought one to early. The sony is nice and comfortable in the hand and offers 2000 different magazines.(50 from india!)

Good Luck!
What the heck are you talking about $130 off?
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
imperceptible
Banned

It is 130 dollars off the original price go to www.sonystyle.com and see for your self ya!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
its $299 and backordered
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Not sure about "with the penguins" - "away with the fairies", maybe, as it's not dropped. 500's are reported to be around US$199, though.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #7
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
thanks for the recommendation..
what about backlight..
colour?
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #8
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
thanks for the recommendation..
what about backlight..
colour?
Ummm......No and No not with E Ink technology (well color is coming soon but will be overpriced for a couple generations at least). You can't back light E Ink because it is opaque.....you can front light it just like a regular paper book. Back lighting = eye strain and battery usage.
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:40 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You should also consider the Bookeen CyBook. A little more expensive than the Sony, but it has a number of significant benefits, such as dictionary lookup, the ability to load any font family you wish onto the machine, and access to a significantly wider range of books than are available for the Sony.

See http://www.bookeen.com
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #10
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperceptible View Post
The sony reader went down 130 dollars Kumar check yourself. www.sonystyle.com

The Penguin Master!
yes, it went down - refurbished

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665262812
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The 505 did not go down in price. Please disregard any of the messages in this thread saying that it did.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Geez, you got me all excited. I jumped over to the Sony store and you were just yanking my chain!
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
imperceptible
Banned

The 505 sony is only 180 dollars! Till December 19th! Come on people! Lets feed our off spring and get our readers to read to them about our history of the penguins!

The Penguin Master
Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Some jokes stop to be funny after a few repetitions.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
imperceptible
Banned

You think im joking? I am a full grown penguin I don't joke. I have 25 off spring and I don't take kindly to the race that nearly destroyed the Earth! This is no joke we must all read and feed our knowledge to the underworld of the molerats so they can feed the fires of mount doom and satisfy the great white hand located in the center of the Earth. I do not joke my friend.

The Penguin Master