Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
robin.114
robin.114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Sci-Fi Book "Siege of Terra" by Robin MacMillan

Hello everyone!

My name is Robin MacMillan, and I'm a newly published Author that just put up the book "Siege of Terra" on Amazon. Now i know there is a lot of traffic here on this site so that's why I'm posting here. A lot of people ask me, how hard was it to write? I say its easy, its promoting your work that's the hard part.

Here is the blurb for the book.

In the early twenty-first century Earth is finally overcome by famine and pollution. Humanity is forced to unite and work together to save themselves. It took nearly two centuries before they succeeded in their mission: Space. They left Earth behind hoping to begin again on another world: Terra. Terra was a solution to a problem. Humans thought they were alone...The fate of the human race rests heavily on the shoulders of Colonel Mavrik Woods. Mavrik thought he knew who he could trust...

So please, check out my book, i would love to get some reviews going on.

Robin MacMillan.

[Edit: New cover photo, scroll down to bottom of thread or to page 2 to view]

http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Terra-Ma...obin+MacMillan

Last edited by robin.114; 03-31-2013 at 02:06 PM.
robin.114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Alecia Stone
Explorer
Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats on your first review. I know I felt great when I received my first review. I like your book cover. I so agree with you on the fact that it's the marketing and promoting process that is the hardest part of publishing. Anyone can write a book, but to get it to the attention of the public is another thing entirely.
Alecia Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
robin.114

Thanks Alecia, i was super happy when i check my Author Central and saw that someone reviewed it. Currently im working on CreateSpace to get my book as a physical copy.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
robin.114

Smile Siege of Terra

Hello everyone!

Sales on amazon are going well! Im racking in the downloads as people keep wanting more of my work!

Book 2 is in the works and i will be sending updates of it out on my facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/SiegeOfTerra once i get more of it completed.

Enjoy the read if you happen to download it and have a wonderful weekend!

R.M

Book link

http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Terra-Ma.../dp/B00B0F90IW

Last edited by robin.114; 02-09-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Adding a link to my book.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
robin.114

Post 5-Star-Review

Hello Forums!

"Siege of Terra" received another review, this time a 5 star!

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Fast moving stiry February 17, 2013
By Gord
Format:Kindle Edition
Very enjoyable, I read this in one sitting and am looking forward to reading more. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for more from this author.

If you want to take a look at my book here is a link!

Also book 2 is in the works and has the first couple chapters all written out!

R.M

Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
robin.114

During Free Promotions Siege of Terra went straight up to the Top 100 overall and it hit top 10 in its selected Genres. Check it out here

Also find our Facebook page here

http://www.facebook.com/SiegeOfTerra

R.M
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Sounds like the kind of books I would read. Too bad it's amazon only.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-11-2013 at 06:35 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Sonds like the kind of books I would read. Too bad it's amazon only.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
robin.114

Yes, unfortunately it is Amazon only. I signed up for KDP and im subject to the terms that i cant sell my book digitally anywhere else, the good news is that my time with them will be done once my three months are up, which is the middle of April. Once that happens i will be distributing on all other major channels.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
robin.114

"Siege of Terra" Now only 2.99 for a limited time only.

Physical copies will be available within 30 days if everything goes smoothly.

R.M
Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
robin.114

Book 2 Will not only be a Sci-Fi setting. It will also have some fantasy thrown in there to make enticing. More Details to come on that matter though.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Please let us know if/when they're available in other venues.

... on second thought, after looking at the Kindle preview... let us know when you've hired a proofreader. Three run-on sentences on the first page tells me I wouldn't get through the first chapter without giving up on the story, no matter how interesting the plot or characters are.

Last edited by Elfwreck; 04-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
robin.114

"Siege of Terra" FREE for the next 4 days! I'd love it if you'd download a copy! Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Siege-Terra-Ma...dp/B00B0F90IW/
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
robin.114

Start reading the journey of Mavrik Woods when you purchase "Siege of Terra" on Amazon!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
robin.114

Very enjoyable read, looking forward to the next book. The author has some very good characters and a good story line going. Donna Hernandez