Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Convert to Textile - Memory error.

@user_none, has anything changed in the Textile/txtz stuff in the last few months?

I've just tried to convert a few books from epub to TXTZ Textile format for easier editing for me, but have had quite a few come up with 'Memory error' - two that took ages but did convert - one had LOADS of '(' chars then LOADS of ')', the other had loads of blank space.

If needed I can redo and post error log.

I was also able to convert the same files successfully to other formats (mobi and htmlz), but converting them to txtz still caused the error

Edit: just checked one of the ones that was able to convert, the 'index.text' file was 24MB+

Last edited by Perkin; 10-26-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I don't believe anything has changed with either ... email me the conversion log and the file that's having issues and I'll take a look.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote