Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
jtq
jtq began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
compiling Minimo

Hi to everyone!!
Anyone tryed to compile Minimo for iliad??
I need that for an application i'm building in my office...
In this application i need to display an html ebook, but with mine personal feature....

Thank you
jtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The iLiad already comes with minimo compiled. You can find it in /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/.

See also here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13089
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yes, it's under development.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=minimo

There's this neat new feature in the forum called "Search"...
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
jtq

sorry

Sorry to everyone. I have seen the link you have sent to me...but, really, i need to compile minimo (or another html reader, if exists) to build a parallel application that make some different feature for me.
If i was needed minimo, i was using minimo!!! But i need to insert some modify...
I have seen DILLO also, but i can't find the porting source code to iliad...

Thank you
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

What custom work do you need to do that you need to compile minimo from scratch? iRex's version is very capable to display just about any html page.

If you need to change the interface, it can all be done by changing the files in the chrome directory.

I myself had tried to compile minimo from scratch, but never had any luck doing so. After finding out what iRex's version can do, I don't think there's a need anymore.
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
jtq

Custom work??
ie, the file that i need to display it's only one page formatted.... I need to show total number of page based on font size.
Another, it's to take a continuity when i change page and not divide the string of text...
Also, we like change from portrait to landscape and viceversa.
Here, the problem is that the file to show it's a book formatted in one page only!!!
so, my idea (with any browser i can build and modify) it was to open the html file, analyze it and then show the pages.
I would like open an html txt box full screen on the iliad!!

Thank you and sorry for my little english
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
the file that i need to display it's only one page formatted.... I need to show total number of page based on font size.
Another, it's to take a continuity when i change page and not divide the string of text...
Also, we like change from portrait to landscape and viceversa.
Here, the problem is that the file to show it's a book formatted in one page only!!!
What you are describing is an e-book reader application that reads single HTML files. FBReader already does everything listed above and it reads HTML files, and MobiPocket Reader will also do this if you are willing to convert the .html document to the .mobi format.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
jtq

uff.....trying to compile fbreader, but i have problem with libbz2...
Fbreader maybe a solution, but i need always to change some little thing!!!
Adam, can you help me a little to port fbreader??
I pay a lot!!! (eeeeeeehhhhh!!!)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Then start paying Adam He deserves it.
And he is one step ahead
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11344
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you starting from Adam's (version 0.7.4) iLiad-specific source? It is on the ILiad FBReader wiki page.

If you think your modifications should be incorporated into the standard FBReader version, then it may be best to start with the latest version (0.8.6c) on a Linux Desktop and once it is working there (a) submit the changes to the FBReader developers and (b) port to the iLiad.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

If you post the specific errors you are getting, I can point you in the right direction...
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #12
jtq

Quote:
Are you starting from Adam's (version 0.7.4) iLiad-specific source? It is on the ILiad FBReader wiki page.
I can't find source on that page...I'm so fool??
I have downloaded an fbreader-sources-0.8.6c from official website.
But, if someone (Adams, you are "someone"!!! ) knows where i can get sources "tested" to start compile, i'm very happy.
Then, after, i give Pizza for all here in my garden... (for Adam double portion)...
Thank you

psthe error i get regard the bz2 lib, but i'm not sure that i'm compiling for ARM in this way...i'm sure only that i'm able and ready to compile and running ipdf on my enviroment)