Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer iOS 7 over the "classic" iOS look?
Yes, iOS 7 looks better 27 19.57%
No, I preferred the previous iOS look & feel 69 50.00%
I'm fine with both; it's natural/acceptable evolution 42 30.43%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #226
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
What's jarring to me is whenever I see the repulsive "iOS 7 look" creep into 3rd-party apps that until then looked perfectly fine, but now are hideous to look at. I still use my iPad 1, running iOS 5, on a daily basis, and I find the old iOS look infinitely preferable -- anything but "old-fashioned". It's better to be old-fashioned than ugly.

A big reason for me to be considering a switch away from iOS to Android is how ugly iOS 7 is; it has, for me, significantly decreased the attractiveness of the idea of getting an iPad mini, for example. The device no longer seems as desirable as when it was running iOS 6.

Last edited by Faterson; 01-17-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #227
m00min
Connoisseur
m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad / NST / Kobo
On the whole I prefer the look of iOS 7 but I do think Apple pushed it too far. The lack of a background on buttons makes identifying those interface elements unnecessarily harder. Backgrounds are allowed in flat design, just not gradient style drop shadows or fuzzy felt (e.g. iOS 6 Gamecenter).

Most of my criticisms of iOS 7 are to do with the user interface; the nightmare that is the music or calendar apps. Removing some of the ways of viewing your information is just annoying. Still, that does give app developers a chance to shine.
m00min is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert