Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
CateranLlama
CateranLlama began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Error communicating with my Kobo Glo

I bought a Kobo Glow several months ago and have been using it with Calibre without any problems up 'til tonight. Tonight, I tried to remove all the books from the Kobo and reload just a few. At this point, I'm not sure I can remember every detail of what's gone on, but the short version is I'm getting this error now:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.43
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'list' object has no attribute 'set_debugging_title'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 506, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 888, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2109, in update_device_database_collections
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'set_debugging_title'
I've updated both Calibre and the Kobo software tonight. At this point, all my books seem to be showing up but I'm still getting this error and all my shelves are empty. (I had set up a custom metadata field in Calibre and was managing my shelves through that. The touchscreen is good for reading, but bad for setting up shelves.)

Is this error anything major? Is there a way for me to fix it? Is using a custom metadata field still a viable way to manage shelves?

If there's any additional data I can give you so you all can help me figure this out, please let me know.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
CateranLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's a strange error at that point. I can't see a way that the code could get to that point in a way to cause that error.

Can you try the following:

- Start calibre without the Glo connected.
- Open the preferences, go to the "Sending books to device" page.
- Change "Metadata management" to manual
- Save the changes and close calibre.
- Start calibre, connect the Glo and let it read the books. There shouldn't be any errors.
- Eject the Glo and close calibre.
- Repeat the above but set "Metadata management" to automatic.

If you still get the error, I would like to see a debug log. With the Glo connected, restart in debug mode (right-click the preferences button), let calibre get the book details and then close calibre. The debug log will then be displayed. Post the contents of the log for me to check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, communication error, kobo, kobo glo