Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Multi-page advance...any remedy??

The firmware of this T1 is fully updated.

I know mention has been made of the T1 occasionally advancing a few pages (maybe 2 or 3 pages) instead of just one page. It's not a big deal as it doesn't happen often but still can be somewhat of an aggravation both when touch swiping and when button pressing.

Is there any remedy for this? Any tricks to avoiding it?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Going back to the homescreen seems to work most of the time from what I've read.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

When the anomaly occurs it only happens once or twice; thus, going back to the Home screen is not necessary.

I was hoping for a remedy that might keep it from happening at all.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I found this in the users manual:

Swipe and hold
To turn multiple pages continuously, swipe and hold your finger on the screen. Release your finger to stop.

I would suggest all those who have problems with multiple pages turning (using the swip method) make sure they aren't leaving their finger on the page just a bit too long.

Personally, I barely touch the page, in fact I've had the page turn when I just get my finger close, seeing as the IR detectors rest above the screen. One LIGHT brush is all that my reader needs. I've never had the multiple page turns on it (keeping my fingers crossed)

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I've had this problem using the buttons, as well as the touchscreen. As mentioned above, going to the homescreen then back to the book resolves the issue.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
AltairDrax
AltairDrax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony,PRS-T1
Thanks for the tip. Sometimes it is really annoying that every 5 pages, there is a double page flip. It is not linked to the touchscreen as I use the buttons to turn the pages.
AltairDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I'm also seeing the same problem using the hardware buttons for page turning. It's intermittent, but AltairDrax's "every 5 pages" sounds about right or thereabouts.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
When you say doube plage flips, do you mean you actually see two 'flashes'? If so, I would suggest returning the device due to faulty button.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
corpuscle
corpuscle began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
yes I have this problem too. Mainly on button turns. Irritating to say the least. Surely not hardware related, as it seems to be too common ( Too many people having same issue)
Most annoying Sony. An otherwise great unit

Last edited by corpuscle; 01-28-2012 at 11:14 PM.
corpuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpuscle View Post
yes I have this problem too. Mainly on button turns.
C, Yes, we continue to have this problem with the button turns.

Going to "Home" does not seem to effect a remedy.

Is there really no known remedy?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
kappsta
kappsta began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I occasionally have the same problem swiping AND using the > button so its not an issue of holding the swipe too long. Changing the font seems to remedy it. Sony, please fix this!
kappsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappsta View Post
Changing the font seems to remedy it.
K, So just changing the font on each book makes the problem go away???
Old 05-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
This problem gets worse over time!
I bought my device in early November. In the beginning, it only occasionally happened that the T1 made 2 clicks out of one. But now, more than 50% of all left clicks and about 20% of right and back clicks are recognized as double clicks. This makes the buttons almost totally useless. It is clearly a hardware fault. If you rooted your device and use Cool Reader, you can go to options menu and tel the software to advance 1 page on double clicks. This will work around the broken hardware keys at the cost of larger page turn delay.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I think it is dust when it does this. When this happens "sleep the reader" then grab a microfiber cloth then wipe down the screen and blast the corners with some air. Then turn it on and it works fine until it collects dust again.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #15
Quinto
Quinto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I got my PRS-T1 yesterday and it has the same issue, but very randomly and as it's been said, it has nothing to do with the way of pressing the button. It occurs with the dictionary as well. Since it seems a "common" problem, I won't replace it for the time being...
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote