Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
The most sickening feeling ever

So we -- my little brother and I -- go to the movies last night. We had a 4 hour wait, so I brought my K3 to pass the time. Eventually we are seated and the movie starts, I tuck my Kindle in my coat and promptly forget all about it ... still forgetting about it as I stand up to leave hours later and the Kindle proceeds to slip out of my coat and slam to the floor.

Ugh!

Not sure if any of you have ever dropped your Readers, but that is a disgusting feeling. I snatched it up quick but was scared to even look. I waited till we were outside in the car before I hesitantly peeked to see if the screen was damaged. Somehow I got lucky though (probably due to the thick-padded case it was in) and it wasn't broken, but I gripped that thing like it was my only child until we got home.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Yes I know that feeling! Thank goodness it seems to be ok

I've been careful with my K3 but I dropped my K2 several times and once from a high bookcase but the tuff-luv cover I had well and truly protected it.

Anyway glad your K is ok
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
I know that feeling. I've had my K3 fall once when I inadvertently knocked it off the night stand. Thankfully it wasn't damaged.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
I also know how you are feeling. It makes you want to be even more carefully. My Kindle 1 got knocked of a coffee table and hit a sharp edge. The screen had a mark on it and left page turn button was damaged. It made me cringe every time I got it out. I have since bought a Kindle 3. Glad yours was not damaged.
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I was expecting this to be about reading a Piers Anthony book.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
LOL!

I'm glad your reader is okay though. We've all had those horror moments. Most of the time they turn out okay...except when they don't. I actually just posted my horror stories in the Sony forum. I don't think I ever really dropped my Kindle. I almost lost it once in Disney World though on a monorail
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
Thank God it's okay! I guess that Pen & Quill or Dodobird case is getting ordered eh??
CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
Tuff-Luv case saved my K2 two times for last 14 days.

I think K3 is more fragile even. Always use a protective case. I even bought a Screen protector.
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkDad View Post
Thank God it's okay! I guess that Pen & Quill or Dodobird case is getting ordered eh??
The P&Q should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully. I've not had a good experience thus far with the ordering process, and their customer service hasn't seemed all that on top of things. Lets just hope the product can remedy the situation.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 AM   #10
Exer
I see Russia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
LOL!

I'm glad your reader is okay though. We've all had those horror moments. Most of the time they turn out okay...except when they don't. I actually just posted my horror stories in the Sony forum. I don't think I ever really dropped my Kindle. I almost lost it once in Disney World though on a monorail
I broke my 505, somehow, back in the day. It has a tiny little dead screen area in the top right corner. It only affects 1 word, usually the last word of the top sentence. Have no idea how it happened, but I was so bummed out about it. I'm usually so good with my gadgets, but something about these Readers ... I get one in my hand and it seems my brain starts yelling, "It's clobbering time!"
Old 11-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #11
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
let's just say that i've just pushed my k3 more towards the middle of my desk.
phe-ew! that one was close.

and i confess i have no cover for it yet
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I love survival stories. Good going Exer. One of the up-sides to being housebound (there are several) is that my reader doesn't have to face the dangers of the big bad world and is pretty safe. Mind you, it's top shelf time when the grandchildren come to play. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
When I first saw this thread, I thought, "That guy is obviously watching the new Sarah Palin reality series or perhaps he's a Buffalo Bills fan." Glad to see all was well in the end.
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
I was thinking Dan Brown but close enough, lol.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Exer
I see Russia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
When I first saw this thread, I thought, "That guy is obviously watching the new Sarah Palin reality series or perhaps he's a Buffalo Bills fan." Glad to see all was well in the end.
Me and you must have similar feelings about the lady.