Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #106
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I've looked at this post a few times and never tried it. I'm not interested in altering things on the reader in general. But I finally decided this was really not intrusive, and gave it a go.

It works! How cool is that?? Thanks! I am completely idiotic at stuff like this, but you've managed to make it super easy for even me, and that is not an easy feat!

I really wish I could change my screen to have the top two rows just show 6 or 9 books, get rid of periodicals completely, and then it would look like I want it to look!

Prior to this, I was just bookmarking only the books I wanted to have quick access to, and then going under "all notes" to find them again.

(I'm using a newer version mac)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #107
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aww, I opened a different book (helping the person who wanted to know how a pdf looked) and now that's #1 on the list? I wanted to keep the three I chose! What did I do wrong, or is that the default?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #108
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
GraceKrispy

To "keep" the sorting, check "Set Future Dates"
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #109
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I just tried it last night, the beta version and THANKS! Like many have said, it works!

My need was to keep certain epubs that I am editing easily available for quick perusal after making changes. This is just ideal!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #110
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have tried it on hubby's new PRS-T1, and I can report that this lovely utility does not seem to work on the new T-1.

It *looks* like it is working when the device is hooked up, i.e. it fetches books and all, and appears to be changing the order exactly as it does on my Sony 950, but when you disconnect the T-1 from the computer, you aren't getting the chosen books on your home screen.

Just thought I'd mention it, in case there could be a rework for the new Sony Reader WiFi.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #111
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Unfortunately I don't have access to a T1 so I can't help you. Maybe if you send me the content of the reader I can figure it out. Just clear it and add some free books on it. Thanks.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #112
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
It is possible to make it work, but it uses a SQLite db instead of XML. The principle is the same, though. I just made a hack to my T1 to make the list show recently opened books. I posted it up in a thread on the Sony Dev forum. Might do the trick for some.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #113
graycyn
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
Unfortunately I don't have access to a T1 so I can't help you. Maybe if you send me the content of the reader I can figure it out. Just clear it and add some free books on it. Thanks.
Now that it's been given to hubby, I don't think he'll want me to clear it for experimentation. I'm sort of in "hands off" status. I'll probably get one eventually for myself, but not ready to do it just yet. I just figured you might want to know.

Kolenka probably has a way better idea of the "why" it isn't working.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #114
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I know exactly why it isn't working: The T1 doesn't use media.xml, or the modified time on the files to determine the "added order" anymore. It's entirely different software on the reader than previous generations.

And it shows in the rough edges.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote