Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Dumb Newbie Question

OK I here firmware being discussed here a lot and I need to get something clear in my mind so I don't open my big mouth where i shouldn't....

My Kobo has v1.4 , mine was ordered online June 27 and picked up at the local chapters store July 6.

I hear v 1.7.4 being bantered around and I can't grasp if that is Kobo wi fi firmware or desktop app software version..

Newbie wants help and aoplogizes if this is the 50,000th time you answeresd this.

EDinNB
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
v1.7.4 is for the Kobo 2 and the new desktop not the Ko1
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDinNB View Post
My Kobo has v1.4 , mine was ordered online June 27 and picked up at the local chapters store July 6.
So far, the same here.

Quote:
I hear v 1.7.4 being bantered around and I can't grasp if that is Kobo wi fi firmware or desktop app software version..
Should be transparent, but it's not. Just don't use it, or follow posts,
where taming addressed her way of managing books. Simply, don't fix
what is not broken.
Consensus on the forum is that Calibre handles books without a glitch.
Give it a try, if you really want to change.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
EDinNB
Enthusiast

I use Calibre for all sideloaded books, and the version of the kobo desktop app that came with the reader, there have been upgrades and i've noticed an issue with non DRM books and the lattest desktop app, so I won't bother upgrading.

Thanks for the replies,

EDinNB
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
There's no such thing as a dumb question- you'd only be dumb if you have a question and don't ask it.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
EDinNB
Enthusiast

Thanks amo, but as a veteran of forums for over 10 years, I know how frustrating it is for newbies to ask the same thing over and over again... been there.

I liked the sig line of an admin on 1 forum.. Remember we were all newbies once....so true.

Again thanks for the politeness, this newbie really appreciates it.

EDinNB