Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Kindle Commercials?

I am watching What Not to Wear that I taped yesterday, and I see a commercial for the Kindle that looks like it was made by the same folks who make the Target commercials (you know the frenetic look of those commercials). Anyway, I haven't noticed Kindle commercials before, and I wonder if these are going to be sold at Target? They did clearance the old Sonys, didn't they?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
That commercial was made by an Amazon commercial contest winner. The video in the Amazon link isn't working at the moment so here is the spot from youtube.

I don't think it's good at all but I don't like the Sony ads either. Amazon needs to hire a professional ad agency and Sony needs to fire theirs and get a new one.

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Amazon didn't get their money's worth with this ad. A co-worker asked me last night if I had seen it. She said that if it wasn't for my owning a Kindle, she would have no idea what this commercial was trying to sell.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
actually, for a non-professionnally-made stop-motion film i think that's pretty good. on the other hand the message is not too clear, although i imagine the idea is through books you can "live" all sorts of experiences... but i agree with daffy that amazon should hire a professional agency. seeing companies (especially huge, rich, international ones...) getting their customers to do their com work for free (when they should be hiring professionals...) is sort of my personal bête noire. it just seems like they're too cheap to pay an agency, so they're taking advantages of their fans.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
actually, for a non-professionnally-made stop-motion film i think that's pretty good. on the other hand the message is not too clear, although i imagine the idea is through books you can "live" all sorts of experiences... but i agree with daffy that amazon should hire a professional agency. seeing companies (especially huge, rich, international ones...) getting their customers to do their com work for free (when they should be hiring professionals...) is sort of my personal bête noire. it just seems like they're too cheap to pay an agency, so they're taking advantages of their fans.
I agree. The visuals were pretty good but the message was unclear.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Amazon didn't get their money's worth with this ad. A co-worker asked me last night if I had seen it. She said that if it wasn't for my owning a Kindle, she would have no idea what this commercial was trying to sell.
to back up what the Nephilim said... it's cutesy, doesn't offend the socks off of me (which most commercials do), but if I weren't already an ebook owner I wouldn't have a clue as to what it is all about.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Anyway, I haven't noticed Kindle commercials before, and I wonder if these are going to be sold at Target? They did clearance the old Sonys, didn't they?
My Target actually has the new PRS300 and PRS600 on display just this month. Silver 300 and black 600 only...and they no longer have fully functioning display units.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I haven't seen this commercial at all...I just recently noticed the Sony reader commercials -the first time I saw them I was watching something I had recorded from months earlier...I have since seen the commercial live on TV...twice....and I agree,if I didn't already know what they were trying to sell I'd be confused....

I was walking in midtown Manhattan Saturday afternoon ,and I did see a best buy with a sony reader (maybe the 300) as part of a window ad display for holiday shopping....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
My Target actually has the new PRS300 and PRS600 on display just this month. Silver 300 and black 600 only...and they no longer have fully functioning display units.
This latter really annoys me. It's like they don't want to sell the devices. If I'm going to plunk $300 down on a device, I want to be able to play with it first. If I hadn't been able to do that, I never would have bought my 700. The Sony Store 600s work normally with only few demo restrictions. The ones that I've seen in Borders and Best Buy are completely non interactive. The 300s are ptetty much normal, though. The 600s are also missing the styli in the non Sonystyle stores.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Okay, I just had a chuckle. I just saw the Sony Reader commercial followed by a movie promo followed by the Kindle commercial (during Entertainment Tonight). I found that quite interesting.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote