Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I need help choosing what color to buy!!!!

I decided to get me a prs-505 but boy am I struggling with choosing a color. It is not so much which color I LIKE more but which color around the outside edge of my page that would be most comfortable for long reading. I find the silver the easiest to purchase, being everywhere and the others nowhere, but the others seems to provide a nice dark edge to the page that keeps my eyes more focused somehow. Plus, the darker ones tend to brighten and sharpen the text psychologically.

Any thoughts? I know I know. Just get one and read, right?! I am probably analyzing it too much, but don't want any buyers remorse is all. I have a problem with that for some reason.

Thanks
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I have no problem with the silver surround for long reading sessions. I can't compare it with the blue and the red Sonys, but compared to the black surround of whichever model I saw in Maplins (sometime after I got the Sony, admittedly) I find the silver less obtrusive
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I bought the blue for the very reasons you said with the darker covers. I didn't like the Sony at first when all I could demo were silver ones. Then, I saw a blue, and while everything should be the same, the blue was easier on my eyes when reading.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I got the blue, quite on accident. That's what they gave me at Borders and I didn't notice. I love it though

Potentially, if I had to do it again, I might buy the red. It's just such a cool color
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Blue is the best color. Anyone who tells you differently is lying.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Blue is the best color. Anyone who tells you differently is lying.
Yep. Got to agree with this one!

I bought directly from Sony when the 505 first came out, so red was not a choice; just blue or silver. The blue just looked better to me, and easier on the eyes... I love my blue 505.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You can read faster with the silver one, but I've been told that the blue ones make you smarter. Being a fan of the Pied Piper, I'd like to have one that is half and half.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I don't care how smart my blue Reader makes me I really, really,really lust for the red one!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
I like the red one. That's the color I have.

Go Team Red!
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
You should have made a poll. Then everyone could have voted and posted their reasons why to pick their choice.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
You should have made a poll. Then everyone could have voted and posted their reasons why to pick their choice.

WDE.
You just love those polls, don't you WDE? Almost as much as bacon. Hoping for another little bribe there puppy?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I have blue...grey just seemed so BLAH! I almost wish I would've gotten the red, except that I didn't like the Tan cover...but I'm gonna get me the lightwedge soon anyway, which comes with a black cover.

I know I didn't really help much...but I think my vote for blue.

Good luck.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I think I will go with blue. I really like the red but it seems really reflective and I think that shiny glowing color would distract me. Maybe not, since I can't see one in person first, but from what I have seen in youtube videos it just seems so. Like this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPJgIky11dw

See how shiny the bezel around the screen seems in this video. It dominates the video more than the screen itself. I agree the silver seems too washed out and the red too bright, so, my hope is the blue will be more soothing. But who knows.

Is the blue a bright blue or more a deep dark blue? Hard to tell from some photos.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
The "midnight" blue is almost like a blackish dark purplish blue. It's pretty. The cover is supposedly midnight blue as well but it looks more black to me.

Kelly
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
It is a well known fact that:
- Blue is easier on the eyes
- Stories have better endings on the blue one
- Blue is easier on the environment
- Only the coolest people own the blue Sony
- The blue one has less calories
- And more virtue

Cassidym
President SOBSR
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote