Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The article at the link given in the first post has been changed. It's no longer the same article.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #47
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
ummmm google owns Android
The way things are going, Oracle and Microsoft own android.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #48
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
YAY Amazon!, for the possibility of a brand new non-touch Kindle. You heard me... you REALLY, really heard me.
And listened.
Am thinking of getting another Kindle. My husband has gotten bitten by the ebook bug. Will have to see what he will choose, but I think I agree with you. I really like the keyboard on my K3. But being a woman, I'm allowed to change my mind.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #49
WikiStealer
WikiStealer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Alright, sounds great, I'll just wait a few weeks to see what the upcoming products are before deciding I should go with the current Kindle promotion. I'm going to assume it'll last a while.
WikiStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
'll just wait a few weeks to see what the upcoming products are before deciding I should go with the current Kindle promotion. I'm going to assume it'll last a while.
I'm fairly certain that there will be a current Kindle promotion until the stars fall from the sky.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #51
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Whoops, and here I read 3 formats! Mobi on WinCE devices, Epub on my Sony (now I finally figured out how to add a small top margin), and PDF on my Mini...

But then I'm in member of the Ebook Liberation and Transformation Front!

OT: had the tablet been 7", I might be interested. 9" is either too small for what I want with a tablet, and too large for an ereader.
same for me. I want a nice large tablet for magazines and books with photos that can also serve as a small portable PC as I work during the day. Of course by work I want to be able to stream video content -- work related of course.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #52
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Can I vote for tea as the dominant format?
Green or chai, yes.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #53
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
As I already said in this thread: I predict Amazon will launch the first reader based on plastic display (again exclusively only for Amazon for at least a half year) with a better resolution (300 dpi), with touch, no keyboard, for $99 (they always undercut the prices with a new reader) in the autumn.
if they had 6inch plastic displays available from EInk Holdings/PVI(and they don't) it would cost about $50-$60 dollars at volume which would make retailing a device built around it at a $99 price point prohibitive.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 07-15-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Am thinking of getting another Kindle. My husband has gotten bitten by the ebook bug. Will have to see what he will choose, but I think I agree with you. I really like the keyboard on my K3. But being a woman, I'm allowed to change my mind.

Carol
My suggestion is to wait. Sony is coming out with new readers in not too long a time and Kobo is improving the firmware of their Touch reader. And then Amazon will have their Touch reader as well. So it will be a matter of what reader he most wants. But there will be a fairly good choice of what to get.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Green or chai, yes.
Grey (Earl)
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #56
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My suggestion is to wait. Sony is coming out with new readers in not too long a time and Kobo is improving the firmware of their Touch reader. And then Amazon will have their Touch reader as well. So it will be a matter of what reader he most wants. But there will be a fairly good choice of what to get.
We will definitely wait and look at all. He's in no hurry. Now if it was me on the other hand, I wouldn't have the patience to wait. While the Sony readers are nice, they are too expensive for me.

Carol
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #57
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
The advantage of getting another Kindle is that if you buy and register it on your account you can share your books with your husband. My husband and I have an overlapping taste in books. With dt books I would buy them and he would steal them off me before I'd read them and never give them back. Now, since I bought him a Kindle, I have transferred to his Kindle copies of all the books I have that he is likely to enjoy.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #58
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Grey (Earl)
I am working on a second pot of Milk Oolong.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #59
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
An off topic question for you. How do you read 1.13 books per day? That seems an ungodly high number of books to read every single day. Are they all real books? Or are they just a short story like you mostly see at WattPad? Or are you fastest reader in the world? Or not have job?

I would really like to know. If I could read that many real books I would be extremely happy. So please share the secret.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #60
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
The advantage of getting another Kindle is that if you buy and register it on your account you can share your books with your husband. My husband and I have an overlapping taste in books. With dt books I would buy them and he would steal them off me before I'd read them and never give them back. Now, since I bought him a Kindle, I have transferred to his Kindle copies of all the books I have that he is likely to enjoy.
Yes. If he decides on a Kindle we will register it on my account so we can share books. We like some of the same books. Jack Reacher is one. I find that I read so much more since I got my Kindle.

Carol

Tags
amazon, kindle, tablet, touch