Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #196
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi Suzieqb, maybe try in the Kobo Vox forum, and make your own thread with the title being a summary of the problem: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246

It would also help if you provided more details. What exactly are you trying to do, which steps are you taking and what happens when you do, and what is the result? I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't have a Vox, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you in the Vox forum. Good luck!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #197
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Here is Kobo Vox forum link
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #198
D..
Enthusiast
D.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo & Kindle
Hi, I have just updated my Kobo Touch software to the latest and now, when I swipe to page forward on an epub book, I keep getting the notes menu on the bottom of the page and it doesnt turn forwards. I have tried swiping a bit higher but continually get this menu which I have to cancel, sometimes continually. Is there any way of cancelling this menu out or changing it, otherwise I will be forced to do a factory reset and cancel the latest software update. Has anyone else had this poblem? Thanks
D.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #199
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi D.., maybe try and make your own thread in the main Kobo reader forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223

You're in a sticky for tips and tricks now, your problem won't get the attention it deserves! Good luck.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #200
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Smile Adding a Calendar or Phone List

Anyone know how to add a calendar in text or e-pub format ?
Would be nice to keep track of flight times or appointments.

I like to keep a phone number list handy and since I don't use a cell phone,I thought having it handy on my kobo Touch would be a real bonus.I don't use other electronic toys,so Kobo is my only resource while traveling.
Using Notepad or any other text editor i typed in my necessary info like
names,address,and phone numbers.Saved on the root of my Kobo.
Works like a charm.Naming the file "Phone List" made it easy to search quickly,then added it to my shortlist.

KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #201
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Calendar at a glance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTREADER View Post
Anyone know how to add a calendar in text or e-pub format ?
Would be nice to keep track of flight times or appointments.

I like to keep a phone number list handy and since I don't use a cell phone,I thought having it handy on my kobo Touch would be a real bonus.I don't use other electronic toys,so Kobo is my only resource while traveling.
Using Notepad or any other text editor i typed in my necessary info like
names,address,and phone numbers.Saved on the root of my Kobo.
Works like a charm.Naming the file "Phone List" made it easy to search quickly,then added it to my shortlist.

A 12 month calendar on one page is available in jpg,pdf,or you can convert it yourself to e-pub if desired.
Not sure if i can post this link here or not but the calendar is free at this link for download http://robcubbon.com/free-2013-calen...iles-download/
The pdf file on the Kobo works nicely since you can touch and drag the calender on the screen and also enlarge or zoom in on one month.
Just rename and copy,paste the file to the root of your Kobo.
I will try to upload the free calendar.
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #202
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I was going to suggest pdf as well. I have done that in past with contacts list.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #203
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Has anyone attempted pulling up their Google calendar via the browser? It works best in mobile mode, or so it seems.

I think an app or apps designed to sync up with Google's contacts and calendars would be very cool -provided one has net access when it's needed. An app that would also buffer a month or two of calendar in offline mode would be killer.

EDIT: After logging in, and trying email it failed... then offered the older version of email which worked! So you can at least receive GMail through the browser, maybe send it as well. It is a bit annoying to click in the right spot and get the images to display, but it can be done -zooming helps, and you can drag or scroll around too.

Last edited by TechniSol; 11-29-2012 at 01:11 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #204
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Preloaded fonts location

Quick question: does anyone know if the preloaded fonts are accesible on the Kobo (mini, specifically), somehow? I really, really like how Malabar looks and would love to load it onto my Touch too.

I've tried looking in various folders in .kobo to no avail...

Thanks!
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #205
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You would need to use one of the links supplied in the Direct Links to Kobo Touch Firmware thread, then, open the Kobo-Update.zip, expand the KoboRoot.tgz within it (that in turn will expand KoboRoot.tar), then navigate to the /usr/local/TrollTech/QTEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts directory (phew that was a mouthfull) and copy the fonts!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #206
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You would need to use one of the links supplied in the Direct Links to Kobo Touch Firmware thread, then, open the Kobo-Update.zip, expand the KoboRoot.tgz within it (that in turn will expand KoboRoot.tar), then navigate to the /usr/local/TrollTech/QTEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts directory (phew that was a mouthfull) and copy the fonts!
Would that also be the place to put new fonts on a mini? I've tried just making a "fonts" directory like is mentioned for the Touch, but that didn't work.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #207
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well actually the idea of extracting the old fonts did not work While they have the correct extensions they must be encoded in some manner.

Adding fonts just requires (with the Kobo attached to your PC or Mac or ..) a directory called fonts at the root level of the mounted device (ie the same level as the .kobo directory appears). See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=10 for screen prints.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #208
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Canorka,

If this does not work as expected you could try something. Create a KoboRoot.tgz containing a KoboRoot.tar with nothing as the font inside in the respective path. Then copy the KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo folder of the reader.

Edit: Thank you for pointing me to Malabar. I just installed it on my Touch. I like especially that it is a bit larger than the other fonts, so it is easier for me to read the dictionary pop-up texts.

Last edited by tshering; 01-16-2013 at 04:11 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #209
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Canorka,

If this does not work as expected you could try something. Create a KoboRoot.tgz containing a KoboRoot.tar with nothing as the font inside in the respective path. Then copy the KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo folder of the reader.

Edit: Thank you for pointing me to Malabar. I just installed it on my Touch. I like especially that it is a bit larger than the other fonts, so it is easier for me to read the dictionary pop-up texts.
No problem. So, you installed Malabar on your Touch in the manner above? I don't quite understand the entire process...
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #210
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Canorka,

In case you are running windows and have 7-Zip installed you can do this:
1) Create the path "usr\local\Trolltech\QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts" somewhere on your pc, for instance from the consol window execute:
Code:
C:\Users\yourname>md ktwork\usr\local\Trolltech\QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts
In order to avoid typos I would copy and paste the path name.

2) Next copy the font files (cf. post 205, note: you can use 7-Zip for expanding gz and tar files.) to the fonts folder which you have created in step 1.
3) From the file explorer right-click on the folder "usr" and select "7-Zip>Add to archive ...", choose Archive format: tar; in the text field "Archive:" write "KoboRoot.tar". Press ok. This will create the file KoboRoot.tar.
Right-click on KoboRoot.tar an select "7-Zip>Add to archive ...", choose Archive format: gzip; in the text field "Archive:" write "KoboRoot.tgz". Press ok.
4) Connect your KT to the pc. Copy the file KoboRoot.tgz to the folder .Kobo of the KT. Eject the KT and disconnect it.

Last edited by tshering; 02-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote