Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Arrow Which version of FBReader?

FBReader came pre-installed on my PocketBook 360.
I choose it over ADE because of its phantastic "wrist page turning".
I find the settings, but no version number.

So, where/how to find the version number of FBReader, installed on PocketBoook (360)?
Based on the functions described and on the recent purchase date, I guess it's the most recent, but I'd like to check (now and later on).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #2
Homsa
Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Pocketbook 302, iPad, Kindle3, Sony 650, Kindle4 NT
Good day,

when You're reading your book go to Menu ->Settings -> About book. I have version info here. I have FBReader from GreyNM 0.9.0, but for pre-installed must be here too.
Homsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Yes, you better install 0.9.0, that version is quite fantastically configurable.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsa View Post
Good day,

when You're reading your book go to Menu ->Settings -> About book. I have version info here. I have FBReader from GreyNM 0.9.0, but for pre-installed must be here too.
Thanks.
But I don't find it.
I open the book, push the center button and go into settings.
The menu is called "FBReader configuration".
Entries are:
About book, Font, Encoding, Line spacing, Page margins, ... invert screen (to black).

In "About book" I find:
File name, type, title, author, size, written (date).
But no version number of FBreader...

Maybe it's different on your PocketBook 302 than on PocketBook 360?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Thanks.
But I don't find it.
I open the book, push the center button and go into settings.
The menu is called "FBReader configuration".
Entries are:
About book, Font, Encoding, Line spacing, Page margins, ... invert screen (to black).

In "About book" I find:
File name, type, title, author, size, written (date).
But no version number of FBreader...

Maybe it's different on your PocketBook 302 than on PocketBook 360?
No, it's quite clear that you have an older version, where there wasn't a version info yet. Get 0.9.0.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
No, it's quite clear that you have an older version, where there wasn't a version info yet. Get 0.9.0.
Okay, I go for 0.9.0 then. Thanks a lot!
(Although it's extremely good already).