Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Wired's (Brief) Hands On Review of the iPad

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ple-ipad/all/1

"...The built-in e-book reader, dubbed iBook, is eerily similar to the third-party iPhone app Classics, owned by Tap Tap Tap. You select a book from a digital book shelf; the pages flip in 3-D, and there’s a tool enabling you to increase font size or change the font. It’s a neat design, though a total ripoff. E-books will be purchasable through iTunes; Apple has formed content partnerships with Harper Collins, Simon and Schuster, Macmillan, Penguin and Hachette to offer initial e-books. ..."

The "book" page looks pretty nice, IMO. I had never seen Tap Tap Tap's Classics before, but WOW, it's actually really cool (even if it doesn't look so close to what I see in the pic below).
+
+
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_handson_6a.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	44468  

Last edited by Sonist; 01-27-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Tap Tap Tap says the new iBook isn't theirs, however. (But they are giving theirs away for free for a limited time.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Tap Tap Tap says the new iBook isn't theirs, however. (But they are giving theirs away for free for a limited time.)
Wow!

Thanks for the pointer. I don't read on my iPhone, but if it's free, I'll get it just because I like it :0

I like the way the book page looks on the iPad and can't wait to see it in real life.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote