Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #916
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzotru View Post
i managed to install duokan......thanks..... but now i'm stuck on the System Diags loop.....what can i do, people...plz
did you copy the included diagnostic_logs folder?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #917
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
mntroot rw , mntroot ro
uuups
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #918
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Does it support v.5.3 or not???
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #919
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
Does it support v.5.3 or not???
probably soon. (Since the jailbreak is available now)

EDIT: next week there will be a release for 5.3.
Spoiler:

Last edited by thomass; 12-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #920
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
I have just installed Duokan R7.3 in my Kindle Keyboard. The contrast problem mentioned before persists, fonts still have rough edges and look like they have been printed with empty toner cartridge.
I am looking forward to finding out how Duokan performs on Kindle PW in terms of fonts/contrast. I have not ordered one yet as they sell for 250+$ at the moment in Australia and Amazon.com does not yet ship to AU.
cheers
Guenther
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #921
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha2012 View Post
The contrast problem mentioned before persists, fonts still have rough edges and look like they have been printed with empty toner cartridge.
try using other fonts.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #922
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
Quote:
try using other fonts.
Changing fonts helps somewhat but does not solve the problem. I am referring to a problem that I have described earlier: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=687
Nothing has changed yet, at least not on the K3 Keyboard. I hope Kindle PW and up-to-date Duokan will perform better in terms of contrast and font readability. I thought about buying a Kindle PW next month - I will post results here of course.
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #923
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
probably soon. (Since the jailbreak is available now)

EDIT: next week there will be a release for 5.3.
Spoiler:
thanks for the info, now we are waiting for 5.3.1
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #924
thomass
Wizard

update( 7.4)

not released yet

Duokan is going to have official support for localisation on Touch/PW at last:
Quote:
[New]
● Support the KP 5.3.0 and 5.3.1 version;
● KT / KP supports English interface;
● KT / KP set the time zone support;
● bookstores redemption code to support;
● Bookstore books support the view the updated version history;
● see more boutique within the book's text note support rich text styles;

[Optimization]
● KT / KP main interface bookshelf / Bookstore / personal / set text to replace the icon shows;

[Fix]
● repair KP brightness coefficient and exit the screensaver does not match the actual brightness;
● repair part of the machine corresponding directory under no log file "DIAGNOSTIC.log";
● repair download books from the bookstore to return to the main directory page does not sort case recently read and recently joined timely refresh;
Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #925
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Amazing update: Yaaaaaaaaaay! Hooray.

Confirmed. The latest update of Duokan (2012-12-07.18691) support English now. I have it on my KT.

Now the only step to make Duokan an ideal PDF reader is PDF highlighting and annotating.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 12-13-2012 at 11:23 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #926
vankhoa
vankhoa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Arrow Duokan 2012 R7.4

Duokan 2012 R7.4 (English support for K5/KP) has been released!

http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-75709-1-1.html
vankhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #927
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
how is the way to set the default dictionary? I can select the default dictionary when I have only two dictionaries to choose, but when I have more than two I can't
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #928
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollazzo View Post
how is the way to set the default dictionary? I can select the default dictionary when I have only two dictionaries to choose, but when I have more than two I can't
Have the same question:
- WTF? Copying dicts in the directory gives me nothing at all. What are all the steps to make dicts work (all are stardict)

EDIT: Solved!
- The file "Sample.dict.dz" MUST be extracted (with 7-zip or Haozip) into "Sample.dict". Delete the .dz file after that. All 3 files need to have the same name (Sample.idx, Sample.ifo, Sample.dz). If still nothing, restart once and it should do it! It worked in my case!

-----------

Another question:
- Is it possible to make screenshots on KPW? How?

Thanks!

Last edited by rorogio; 12-16-2012 at 06:19 AM.
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #929
freewheeling
Nameless Being

I installed Duokan on my Kindle 2i but have never been able to get it to work. I suspect it's interfering with the regular OS somehow but because I can't get it to boot up by pressing the "Q" key I can't uninstall it. Is there a way to manually uninstall this? If I get rid of it at least I can eliminate that as a possible cause for the spontaneous reboot that happens about once a day.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #930
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
back after a long time.... . By the way,amazing update. AT LAST!!!!
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf