Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #46
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
EDIT: So the uninstall was only if you were using the beta version with the 7.27, wasn't it?
Yes .
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #47
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
I duly updated today, having been eager for a quicker preview, but find that Calibre 0.7.28 can be started, displays the splash screen and then disappears without a window. The processes seem to be running, though.

I am on Vista 32-bit, with a 4-core Intel processor.
Since nothing helped and went ahead and tried to repair the installation. That did not help either, so I uninstalled, rebooted and installed again and now 0.7.28 does work.

Regards, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #48
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'm de-installing .28 and going back to .26.

This new version is highly unstable on my PC. I don't get any messages (running in debug mode), but I can only minimize by clicking the "x", and only hope I can maximize it again by using the right mouse button and selecting "restore" in the context menu in my system tray.

Right now, I'm trying to quit, but it's no longer responding (again, no errors in the debug window). It might have something to do with the proxy, or not. I only know I only had these problems from .27 onwards.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #49
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I only know I only had these problems from .27 onwards.
More accurately from the 0.7.27 beta onwards, the generic 0.7.27 found on sourceforge should affect you like this. It is a shame you couldn't determine which app on your PC is interfering with this version of calibre.

I too run 32 bit Windows XP and calibre 0.7.28 on two different machines and I am fortunate not to experience the issue you are seeing. It certainly would be nice to identify the source of the trouble so the rest of us don't run into it.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #50
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found out what is interfering with Calibre: "TaskbarShuffle".
Old 11-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #51
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I found out what is interfering with Calibre: "TaskbarShuffle".
Another mystery solved.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #52
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

At least I can install Calibre safely on my home PC as I don't use that tool there. On my laptop, however, I'll not be able to use the newest Calibre