Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Denny_
Denny_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Personal Docs(Kindle)

I use EduKindle (www.edukindle.com) to covert Wikipedia pages to a document in MOBI format so I can read an article at my leisure or for future reference. I use calibre to manage my ebooks, news, and other documents. When I transfer this MOBI document to the Kindle it shows up in the books folder. I'd like these files to show up in the personal docs folder.

I read on the Forum that Kindle will only put them in the personal docs folder if they are pdf, txt, or HTML files so I used calibre to convert the MOBI format to PDF. It still shows up in the books folder. It appears that calibre maintains the original format (MOBI) as well as the coverted format (PDF). Is there a way to eliminate the original format so that the Kindle will recognize this file as a personal doc?

Thanks,

Denny
Denny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
you will have to delete the mobi file from the kindle. then only the PDF one will show under personal documents
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Or you can send a specific format to the device.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
Denny_
Denny_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Removing the file from Kindle didn't help. I went into the directory where calibre stores the files and deleted the MOBI file there and then it worked fine.

How would you just send a specific format to the device when the file only shows in calibre once and it identifies it as MOBI and PDF?

Thanks,

Denny
Denny_ is offline   Reply With Quote