Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #16
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Hi fairworld,

I'm glad you like it, and I'm happy to see you've incorporated it into your T1Mizer app!

Please do share your updated .pgdn config file so that I can include it in the source and binary distributions. Thanks!
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #17
nugstar
nugstar doesn't litternugstar doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1 AMR
# For Mango (manga reading app)
profile com.ls.manga 115 114
nugstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #18
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
I've been waiting almost a year for this very app. Thanks so much!!

# Ebookdroid
profile org.ebookdroid 115 114
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #19
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your follow-ups, nugstar and darseno! I've updated the source and binary releases with the configurations you contributed. Cheers!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
oberpfoff
oberpfoff began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
hi there,

thanks for the great work

i've made two entrys and would like to share them.

Code:
profile wp.wattpad 115 114
profile com.amazon.kindle 115 114
oberpfoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
fairworld
fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have a question about PGDN

Hello

I am using PGDN

but some app are acting like double tab

for example

when i click 'right button', i expected the next page...

but 2 pages are passed by...

so I configured [dot.pgdn] file

ex) profile com.... 0 0

but It doesn't work... it is still acting like double click...

so here is app list

com.kyobobook.b2b.phone.startup
com.initialcoms.ridi
universe.constellation.orion.viewer

three apps are found

is there any solution ?

ps. pgdn is lovely app for me... except that 3 apps :-(
thank you for making this app...
fairworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
altruizine
Senior Altruist

Hi fairworld,

That's strange indeed. Here are some troubleshooting hints:

Could you please make sure that you do not have multiple instances of the pgdn daemon running (“ps | grep pgdn”)?

Also, make sure that you have none of the key layout modifications the Wiki recommends in your gpio-keys.kl.

You can use the evtest program (from the original pgdn distribution) to check which events are generated by each of the input devices. Use like so:
Code:
./evtest /dev/input/eventX
where eventX is one of the event* files in /dev/input (try each one). (Remember that you need to copy evtest to a partition from which you can run code: /data or /system, not /sdcard.)

You are correct that “profile SOME.APP.ID 0 0” is used to disable pgdn's default mapping of the Left / Right keys to Dpad Left and Dpad Right for one app. Use this for apps that are natively enabled for the PRS-T1 keys.

You say that you've modified the dot.pgdn file. But you do mean the /sdcard/.pgdn file, right?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #23
fairworld
fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fairworld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1
ah...

ah sorry

it works perfectly~!!!

I made mistakes...

thank you~
fairworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
enitro
Enthusiast
enitro began at the beginning.

can you add entry for adobe reader.

also mango doesnt work, even with configured volume key in app config.(profile com.ls.manga 115 114 - is it manga or mango)

Thanks.
enitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #25
altruizine
Senior Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by enitro View Post
can you add entry for adobe reader.
I'd love to – but unfortunately I'm not aware of any key binding that Adobe Reader accepts to turn pages. Are you?

Quote:
also mango doesnt work, even with configured volume key in app config.(profile com.ls.manga 115 114 - is it manga or mango)
Mango seems to have moved to net.leetsoft.mangareader (a quick Google search indicates that com.ls.manga should be correct for older versions). Can you try this line in /sdcard/.pgdn (don't forget to reboot or restart pgdn):
Code:
profile net.leetsoft.mangareader 115 114
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
altruizine
Senior Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by altruizine View Post
I'd love to – but unfortunately I'm not aware of any key binding that Adobe Reader accepts to turn pages.
With a bit of experimentation, I found that newer versions of Adobe Reader use the N and P keys to turn to the next and previous page, except when in text-reflow mode (!?!).

Here's a .pgdn snippet for you to try:
Code:
# Adobe Reader: Use P and N for previous and next page
key 25
key 49
profile com.adobe.reader 25 49
Did you have any luck with the updated Mango configuration I suggested?

Last edited by altruizine; 09-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #27
enitro
Enthusiast

Thanks altruizine, appreciate it.

Adobe and mango work

New list.:P

Root Explorer, and if possible to do adobe in text re-flow( I mainly use it in that mode), thanks and great progy.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #28
altruizine
Senior Altruist

Hi oberpfoff,

Thanks for your message! Sorry for the late followup; I somehow managed to miss your reply…

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberpfoff View Post
i've made two entrys and would like to share them.
Code:
profile wp.wattpad 115 114
profile com.amazon.kindle 115 114
Both apps (Kindle and Wattpad) should not require any configuration; they should work out of the box with pgdn's default configuration, which maps the Left/Right keys to Dpad Left and Dpad Right. You probably need to disable the apps' “Use volume keys” options, though. Could you please try whether this works for you?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #29
altruizine
Senior Altruist

Quote:
Adobe and mango work
Thanks for giving it a try! I've already pushed the updates to the sources on Github; they'll be included in the next binary release.

Quote:
New list.:P

Root Explorer, and if possible to do adobe in text re-flow( I mainly use it in that mode) […]
I'm accepting patches and configuration updates, but not to-do list items; sorry. Also, I'm not quite sure which kind of keyboard-remapping help Root Explorer could use.

I'm afraid Adobe Reader not accepting keyboard shortcuts in reflow mode is an Adobe Reader bug that pgdn cannot work around. I actually did send them an email yesterday to the support address listed on their Play Store page, letting them know about the bug, but you can probably guess how much of an impression that'll make on them.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
enitro
Enthusiast

Thanks altruizine, sorry for the to do list just giving out ideas..

Tags
button, hack, reader, root