Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #406
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If you have been following the thread and noted the period of time that
went by from when the original transaction took place until "Valentinka"
apparently decided to return the device, it would be reasonable to conclude
that the original PayPal transaction would have been completed and Ectaco
paid. In fact I would be surprised if they would have shipped the JBC to
"Valentinka" before PayPal had credited their account.

If PayPal has the means to debit Ectaco's PayPal account, and did without
Ectaco being in possession of the JBC, then it would be Ectaco who ends up
the one ripped off. In any case "Valentinka" seems to have ended up with
both her money and the JBC.

Luck;
Ken
So if "Valentinka" keeps money and JBC it means that she stole jetBook Color?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #407
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
So if "Valentinka" keeps money and JBC it means that she stole jetBook Color?
It only means that nobody (INCLUDING Ectaco) wants to keep this junk device (JBC) for $500. I don't want it either.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #408
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
It only means that nobody (INCLUDING Ectaco) wants to keep this junk device (JBC) for $500. I don't want it either.
Yo can't stop it, can you?
I can't wait to read your postings about your new device in four weeks or so, when reality kicks in.
Your new reader seems to get many more bad feedbacks than the old one.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #409
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
Please Vale don't feed him. That is a plain insult, doesnt deserve your time.

Store away the reader, because Ectaco could come out any time asking for it. They probably didn't even realize what they were doing. If they did, then nobody can exacly say why they acted like this.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #410
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Yes, my main reason for going with the jetbook,was because of the uncountable negative feedbacks the M9whatever has received, unlike in this forum subsection, not done by only one or two people.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #411
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The law rules how citizens can exercise their right to withdrawal after purchasing something. Paypal has done its' duty, Ectaco acted like they thought it was best for them.

There are three rational actors, and no Cinderella to be compassionate with.

Just stop this foolish flame.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #412
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
The law rules how citizens can exercise their right to withdrawal after purchasing something. Paypal has done its' duty, Ectaco acted like they thought it was best for them.

There are three rational actors, and no Cinderella to be compassionate with.

Just stop this foolish flame.
Interesting, where do you get your information from?
Certainly PayPal fulfilled theit duty.
From the information available Ectaco seem to have behaved rather foolishly. Is it rational to basically give away a costly device?

"Store away the reader, because Ectaco could come out any time asking for it. They probably didn't even realize what they were doing. If they did, then nobody can exacly say why they acted like this."

Okay, nobody knows anything: but hey! rational it is.
They behaved unknowingly rational.
I love that logic.

And there is another party whose rationality - if present at all - is hidden behind of lots of emotions(judging from all her postings).

Funny definition of rational: could be anything.

Last edited by geronimo; 04-25-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: omission
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #413
lorenzoens
ex se ens

I assume at Ectaco are generally capable of assuming a rational decision, and also consider possible a mistake on their side. I also believe none of you has certain informations about this case.
It wasn't that difficult to understand, seen? Don't smack yourself with your own words.

Some of you people seem to consider Ectaco as a demented company to be saved from its own incapacity, someone even ended up insulting Valentinka as a possible robber. I think it's just the same old trolling from someone who just wants this thread closed.

But it's hilarious how you keep fueling this thread even if you just hate it.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #414
geronimo
Banned

Quote:
I assume at Ectaco are capable of assuming a rational decision, and also consider possible a mistake on their side. And I also assume none of you has certain informations about this case.

"There are three rational actors, and no Cinderella to be compassionate with."

So it doesn't bother you you that the statements are a contradiction in terms?
Just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #415
lorenzoens
ex se ens

A rational actor can make a mistake without loosing the quality of being a rational actor.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #416
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
In general "Trolling" is where someone posts a contrived attack on something, that
they hope will incite a reaction from defenders. (Ref: the thread subject and original
post) The original Troll is often joined by others who, for one reason or another, wish
to advance the attack. Most of the time the Trolls do not actually own or have any
actual experience with the device they are attacking. Other times the Troll should
never have purchased the device, as it was never intended to function as they
presumed it would. (In this case it is a reader not a multimedia entertainment device.)
(This case has the additional consideration that it is the first available Color e-Ink large
format reader. Early adopters of a new technology need to be able to rationally deal
with the nature of the technology, in this case a somewhat grayer background.)

Ranting about such things and deciding that it negates any other benefits the device
may possess, points out a valid personal Opinion/Preference that other's may
want to take into account, but gains no more validity for others, just by repeating it
over and over again. Or, by making it a cause for finding everything that can be
presented as a fault, based on a subjective interpretation.

In short "Trolling" is what the original poster of this thread is doing.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #417
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

much of what has been posted is little more than disagreements, restating of opinions, etc. The OP started the thread by offering his opinion. His, not anyone else's.
You will excuse me if I don't start over again. Since the pag 16 of this thread, it has been a nice place of discussion about facts. At certain point I did quit, as there wasn't anything more to say (until the next update). I come back to check the news and find a flame again, always by the same users.

If you think this thread is provocative, then why don't you let it sink instead of fueling it perpetually?

if I was Valentinka (the one you always refer to as "Valentinka", between brackets, just to be not a troll) to such an insult I wouldnt have answered anything, I'd only have reported that to the mod.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-25-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #418
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
May I also suggest something I've come to notice on EVERY e-ink screen I've come across, that will nullify any pictures taken from the device?

It seems that when loading a page, after a while (and especially when leaving the reader in full sunlight) the white background becomes more gray-ish, and the black text becomes more grayish too.
Do NOT expose e-ink to heat or freeze. Valentinka's environment where she did take the pics wasn't that sunny nor hot, if I remember well.

According to what Luke from the italian ebook museum, the e-inks washing out at direct sunlight affected early devices, now they're better (probably not immune though).
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #419
lorenzoens
ex se ens

@ VALENTINKA:

I saw you received the M92, and have the ipad 3. Wow. You know what I mean don't you

Post them whenever you want, but make me know where!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #420
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
@ VALENTINKA:

I saw you received the M92, and have the ipad 3. Wow. You know what I mean don't you

Post them whenever you want, but make me know where!
Yes, lorenzoens, my camera is ready. What exactly would you like me to compare with my camera (probably not in this thread, if JBC will not participate in this comparison)?
Yes, iPad 3 has highest resolution (pretty noticable in books), best colors, of cause, but not eInk.
Black M92 feels to me a lot like my Sony T1 (very similar screen type and screen color, speed) with just larger screen, higher resolution and a little different features. So M92 is close to my ideal eReader (Sony T1 with larger screen) which I described earlier. M92 doesn't have Android on it like Sony T1 does (so I can't install Kindle or Nook apps on M92 like I did with my Sony T1).

Last edited by Valentinka; 04-25-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote