Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
sigil 0.1.5 crashes on search

Have a file, 'etidorpha_new.epub' downloaded from Google and partly edited with Sigil 0.1.4 (with addition of 'new' to file name). When I search for 'chapter', Sigil 0.1.5 finds the first occurrence, then crashes on renewed search for 2nd occurrence. Tried this twice, turn off the computer, rebooted, did search again with same results.

I'm running win xp x32 sp3, 4 gig ram, 2. 66 athlon dual core x 64.

What could be the problem?
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found the problem - I didn't realize search only works in the code view; I was trying the search in book view. Downloaded another epub, this time from MobileRead, and had the same problem was with the first epub. The search works fine in code view for both epubs.
Bob
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I found the problem - I didn't realize search only works in the code view; I was trying the search in book view. Downloaded another epub, this time from MobileRead, and had the same problem was with the first epub. The search works fine in code view for both epubs.
Search should work in both views, it just that searching in Book View is not as robust as I would like.

Please, create an issue on the tracker for this problem. Attach the epub file and write the procedure that forces the search to crash.

This is valuable information. If you create the issue, I can fix it for you and for others.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I cannot replicate this issue in the Mac OS X version of 0.1.5
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I cannot replicate this issue in the Mac OS X version of 0.1.5
Well what epub are we talking about? I'm pretty sure this is related to a specific file. Searching for "chapter" in it must be hitting some corner case.
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
bobcdy
Fanatic

The book I downloaded from MobilRead was the epub version of 'Kings, Queens, and Pawns' by Mary R. Rinehart as edited by Crutledge. Perhaps the problem is with my computer but it does not generally crash with other programs, but it does consistently when I try a search (for 'chapter' or 'england' or 'german'). The system either crashes immediately or nothing happens for at least a few minutes after the first find and I click the find next button. After which time I gave up the search in book view. The word count seems to work fine. I downloaded the book again, tried it with sigil search and had problems although sometimes the search seemed to sort of work, but other times for the new download it crashed or nothing happened on find next.

I tried a 3rd book, The Richest Man in Babylon.epub edited by =x= on MobilRead. For this one, the book view search seemed to work perfectly.
Bob
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Valloric

I can confirm the crash with the "Kings, Queens and Pawns" book. I have created an issue on the tracker and attached the epub.

In the future, if you find a bug or want to request a feature, please create an issue like I did. If it's a bug, write the procedure that replicates it and attach the file in which it can be replicated.

This makes this go much smoother. Your bug will be analyzed, and if it's confirmed, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Valloric

This bug is now fixed. This issue along with another crash bug are reason enough to push 0.1.6 a lot sooner than I planned. I have to get a few more things in order and then a new release will be out.

I don't generally like weekly releases but these crash bugs are serious.