Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Tectonic
Tech Lust
Tectonic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, HP iPaq 210
Eagerly waiting for my 700

I just ordered the sony prs-700. I've been coveting an eInk device for a while as this will be my first one. This is going to be mainly for fiction and next year I'll grab one of the 10 inch devices on the market mainly to read pdf documents.

My first attempt to purchase one was through sonystyle Canada. Early last week they were selling it for $400 but it was back ordered. I waited patiently for them to restock it but to my horror the price jumped to $450. I digged for a few days and finally found a local store selling them for $381. Even better than the original price, eureka! Or not. The moment I was ready to submit my order, their price had also gone up. I searched everywhere and finally found a store with a good price. $384 this time and it looks like my order is going through. Cross your fingers!
Tectonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations! When will you get it?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That is weird. Why did SonyStyle Canada raise the price?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Tectonic
Tech Lust

6 months ago the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar. Today it's worth 20% less. It also lost value against the Euro but not as much.

I will receive it early next week.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Tectonic
Tech Lust

Woohoo, I just got it!

Turns out that the delivery was scheduled for Friday but the UPS airplane broke down.

The device is pretty slick. Looks like I'm going to do a lot of reading as soon as it's charged
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
Woohoo, I just got it!

Turns out that the delivery was scheduled for Friday but the UPS airplane broke down.

The device is pretty slick. Looks like I'm going to do a lot of reading as soon as it's charged
Congrats!!! Remember to close the library before you disconnect the Reader. The USB logo will still be up but the circle with the slash will go away. No need to "Safely Remove Hardware."
Old 02-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Congrats!!! Remember to close the library before you disconnect the Reader. The USB logo will still be up but the circle with the slash will go away. No need to "Safely Remove Hardware."
are you sure about that ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Tectonic
Tech Lust

That sounds about right. The reader displays "Do not disconnect" when my computer is accessing it. The warning comes up either when the library is transferring data to/from the reader or when I access my SD card directly through windows.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Yep... pretty much I think pressing the eject button (in eBook library) is pretty much the same thing.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! Hooray! Fun! Studious! Enjoy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yep... pretty much I think pressing the eject button (in eBook library) is pretty much the same thing.

BOb
ha ok, i didn't realise. i don't use the library software.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Oui, it actually doesn't like it when you do that.