Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #1711
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
The best I can figure out is that I used two credits in December on the BOGO sale so that was four books purchased with credits, even though it was only two credits.
If so I hope I get one too. I bought six books from that sale.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #1712
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible - the following offer has been extended for a week

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-04-2014 at 05:24 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 AM   #1713
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
What software do you use for that?
Aimersoft - and it's really slow. I does the job, but it seems like the play length and conversion time are pretty close.

I think I'll try a virtual CD burner, since Audible books are burnable according to their faq.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #1714
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Aimersoft - and it's really slow. I does the job, but it seems like the play length and conversion time are pretty close.
I use NoteBurner Audiobook Converter on my iMac. A 10 hour book takes about an hour and a half to convert. Aimersoft probably has some conversion settings you can tweak to make the conversion quicker.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #1715
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I have heard of people using dbPoweramp. I've never used it, but I have heard it is very very fast. Like 10 minutes fast.
I have used iTunes in combination with Audials One. It is basically the virtual CD drive method, but not too slow. Since I already owned Audials One, I can't complain, it does the job.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #1716
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
As someone else mentioned, Sound Taxi works quite well.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #1717
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Downpour - has a couple of new sales:

Note: Downpour isn't very good at announcing expiration dates for their sales. What's here today can suddenly disappear tomorrow without warning. So if there's something you're interested in, act fast.

Quote:
Start the New Year with the Classics (5 titles) - $4.95 each

What better way to celebrate the new year than with classics. Maybe there's one you just haven't had a chance to sit down with or one you've been meaning to revisit. Well Downpour has you covered!

From Fitzgerald's Roaring Twenties to the undersea adventure of Jules Verne, we've handpicked five great books to start your new year right. And they’re all offered at $4.95 for this weekend only!
Quote:
Quick Fiction Sale (40 titles) - $1.50 ~ $7.99 each

Great Listens Under 3 Hours

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-05-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #1718
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I have heard of people using dbPoweramp. I've never used it, but I have heard it is very very fast. Like 10 minutes fast.
I have used iTunes in combination with Audials One. It is basically the virtual CD drive method, but not too slow. Since I already owned Audials One, I can't complain, it does the job.
S
I've used dbPoweramp both for ripping CD's and converting from one format to another. I liked it and bought the PowerPack (which is now called Reference or something).
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #1719
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
SYNC titles lost in iOS7 Overdrive update

Heads up for anyone who has free audiobooks from the SYNC summer giveaways. The latest Overdrive update for Apple devices will remove the SYNC titles from your library, and they can't be restored. This is the report from SYNC's own website.

http://www.audiobooksync.com/2013/10...n-ios7-update/
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #1720
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurablue View Post
Heads up for anyone who has free audiobooks from the SYNC summer giveaways. The latest Overdrive update for Apple devices will remove the SYNC titles from your library, and they can't be restored. This is the report from SYNC's own website.

http://www.audiobooksync.com/2013/10...n-ios7-update/
Wow! ...and thanks for this heads up

This happened three months ago and I was totally unaware of it. What a shame. It's been awhile since I last visited their website. This will be linked in the OP.

Attention Everyone

This is yet another reason why titles you own should be liberated. Look at the recent posts in this thread to see which programs others use to convert their audiobooks to files that don't rely upon third party software for playback.

Besides that shocking news, it appears that they plan to announce this year's program later this month, instead of a planned April announcement.
Quote:
Happy Holidays all!
The SYNC team is working hard on the Summer 2014 list. It’s looking to be an incredible list. Look for pairings in late January
With that in mind, it's time to start a new thread for 2014 and to revive the Sync section in the OP. Here's hoping that this year's program will be expanded with more selections than last year.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #1721
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I've started the new thread for Sync 2014. Discussion concerning the iOS 7 fiasco can occur here or there. It doesn't matter to me.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #1722
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaine View Post
As someone else mentioned, Sound Taxi works quite well.
That's what I'm using right now, however for .aax files it'll only do one at a time at 1X speed so it takes a long time. IIRC it'll do .aa files a bit faster or/and do multiple files at a time, unfortunately all of my downloads are .aax and I don't know that I want to re-download 700+ books in the lower quality format to convert.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #1723
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
however for .aax files it'll only do one at a time at 1X speed so it takes a long time. IIRC it'll do .aa files a bit faster or/and do multiple files at a time
Yes, you're right on the enhanced being only 1 at a time. I use the type 4 .aa files and they're fine for me; it'll do multiples, 16 at a time. Although if you're caught up with them and only doing one every so often, it wouldn't be too bad.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #1724
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaine View Post
Although if you're caught up with them and only doing one every so often, it wouldn't be too bad.
Yes. My goal this year is to get DRM-free copies of all my stuff done and then it'll be relatively easy to keep on top of things.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #1725
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes. My goal this year is to get DRM-free copies of all my stuff done and then it'll be relatively easy to keep on top of things.
It's kind of funny. Looking for the ability to strip DRM is pretty much what brought me here to MR originally, but I had stopped going out of my way to make sure everything I had was stripped, because it had never posed a problem, and it's been too darn convieient to just use the native apps on the various devices.
Now I guess I'd better catch myself up, too.
Seems every now and then some outfit will do something stupid, threatening legitimate access, reminding us why DRM is bad.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote