Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Delphi Classics: "ePub Format Titles Now Available!"

For those who wanted the Delphi Classics in ePub format:

Quote:
Dear customer,

We are pleased to announce the release of our Series 1 titles in ePub format for the first time. Now Nook, Sony, Kobo and all other types of non-Kindle eReaders can enjoy our scholarly and detailed editions of literature's greatest writers.

Most of the series are available to purchase from our website and the rest will follow shortly, along with our new Series 2 titles. There are even FREE eBooks available in the ePub format, when purchased with a priced title.

To celebrate the release of our titles in this popular format, we are offering a 30% OFF Discount Code for use throughout the whole of December:

EPUBDELPHI

Just enter the code in the Discount Code box in your shopping cart and click Recalculate. No minimum spend amount!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Any reason why this is of any import? I mean, they're all public domain, so I can easily get them for free from PG, Mobileread, and the like.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
These are the most beautifully formatted, well proofread, and complete collections that I have ever encountered. Yes - all this stuff is in PD, but Delphi collects them into one volume/author - along with illustrations, biographies, contemporary reviews of the works, etc. There's a lot of "added value" to these collections. Plus - they're very cheap - $2.99 or less for many of the works. Free updates too.
And no DRM!

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 12-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I'm of two minds on them. On the one hand, they ARE beautifully formatted, on the other hand, it's silly (imho) for them to stuff the books with EVERY MOVIE POSTER EVER. It makes the books bulky and the Mark Twain mobi version crashed my Sony reader back in the day.

Anyone checked out the epubs to see if they're more reasonably sized?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
The files are certainly very large - the Mark Twain in mobi format is over 100MB for example, but it has over 3,000 illustrations! I agree that the volumes are the most comprehensive collections you're likely to find, not to mention that they are usually well-formatted. Some volumes have as many as five or six biographies about the author, although obviously extra material varies from one volume to the next. Yes, they're all public domain, but I figure it's worth a few dollars to have so many works by and about an author in a single volume.

I do know that Delphi went through a great deal of trial and error to publish these books in the epub format, as they had sent me several earlier versions over the past several months compiled using various programs, which did not work on my Sony PRS-300 reader. When they finally found a program that worked, they still weren't happy with the results, so their search continued. Obviously now they've found something they're happy with, but it was definitely a long process of experimenting with and learning to use different programs to make epub available. It certainly wasn't a "meat grinder" conversion!

These books are worth every penny of the purchase price, even without the current discount.

Enjoy!
SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 12-07-2011 at 10:26 PM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Nice I'm going to have to get a few of those. I don't mind paying what they want for the amount of work they have put into these collections. Besides it would cost me more in time than what they want just to find and collect all the titles there collections include.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I've got pretty much every classic I could want in ePub from PD sources and many more than I will ever have time to read. However, given the fact that these collections seem to be fabulously complete and if they are indeed as nicely formatted as advertised, then I'll be more than happy to pay the pittance asked for my dozen or so favourite authors. I'll wait until they release their Alexandre Dumas collection and let it's quality decide.

In any case, thanks a lot for the tip! I wasn't aware of Delphi Classics at all.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thank you for this link. I downloaded an ePub set and a second set of books for my Kindle Touch. They are both beautifully formatted with an excellent Table of Contents to the various books, with another level TOC within each individual book.

The images included are appropriate and well integrated into the books, and at $2.99 for a full set, including critical reviews of the work, this is a great asset.

Karma to you.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #9
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I'll probably buy the Alexandre Dumas collection when it comes out.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #10
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Are these books in english? I mean the ones that weren't originally written in English, like Victor Hugo.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
If a public domain version exists in English for a non-English work, the English version is used. If no public domain English version exists, the text is presented in its original language. So the Verne, for instance, is about half and half---most of it is English, but the poetry and a few of the later novels are given in French since no public domain English version exists for them.

I bought many of these last year and enjoy the picture and extra materials, but will probably not buy any more of them. I find that for record-keeping purposes, I prefer the single books. And I also like to check off a book as 'done' in my database so that I know its formatting is okay and I can re-read it (or share it, if it's shareable) without issues. That too is easier if the books are single (it would take forever to read through the whole of Dickens, for instance!) and I don't want to have to re-read books I have read already and know are fine just because they are in one of these compilations and haven't been checked.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I wanted to get some of these, but I HATE Paypal.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Jersysman - Although Paypal seems to be the preferred option, when I just purchased some books it said something about if you don't have a Paypal account. I didn't pay much attention since I used Paypal, but I believe you'd have an option to pay directly with your credit card rather than using Paypal.

Enjoy!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Thanks, Steve. I discovered that also. Though after you pay it, a message is received soliciting paypal again. I just had some bad experiences with paypal and don't wish to relive them.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Reminds me of Mobilereference. They also do collections of Public Domain authors for a price. Very nice if you have a favorite and want all of their works in one folder instead of each story as a line item. Their ebook have no DRM but are in MOBI, easy to convert, and can be found on the big sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mobilereference.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	79909  

Last edited by pagansoul; 12-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote