Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
fourfoldmark
Edge User

Question fees into canada?

Hello to the entourage; any among us have any experience with bringing a pocket edge into Canada via the Entourage online ordering process (1-3 days)? I am wondering what to expect cost wise and delivery time? Best, ffm.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Technically, you'll have to pay GST and provincial sales tax (or HST if you're in one of those provinces) on the declared value of the PE, plus a brokerage fee somewhere around $20-$25. However, of the 5 or so orders I've placed, I only paid HST and brokerage on the last thing I ordered in December - a PE sleeve. Before the sleeve, I would have said the high Fedex fees appear to cover taxes and brokerage fees, but now I can't say that for certain any more.

Items arrived in a max of 3 business days after about 1 day of "processing", so in under a week.

Note that TigerDirect.ca carries the PE, although last time I checked it was "currently unavailable", which usually means out of stock. There's a handful of other retailers in Canada that carry it, although I don't have a specific list.

Advert