Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: What text do you like best?
tot: ### 1 11.11%
tpc: ### 2 22.22%
[###] 5 55.56%
None, I have a better idea... 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
What should the Total Page Count text display?

Having the text of "total: ###" means that once the count reaches 3 digits, the text gets truncated because of the width of the writable area. What would you think is good to have in its place, but smaller?
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't think it matters what it says because as long as it resets when you "turn off" the reader or plug it into the USB port, it will reset. As it is, it hs it's uses, but not as useful as I would have liked.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just a number. If we forget what it is, shame on us.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What happens when we get to #### given that all the above choices are ###?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

that was just an example number of #'s

the more letters we reduce it to, the more digits we'll have. All of the options will get us at least 2 letters, which should be good up to 9999. The shorter option [###] will probably get us more numbers than you'll ever need, unless you're a robot.
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 AM   #6
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I don't understand. My Reader does show up to 4 digits. The only thing is that when volume is pressed it's overlapped for a moment. Personally I don't see that as an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	5279  
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
Nogg
Literate!

Wow, I didn't realize. I don't use the counter myself, so I was just going on what other people said. Now I wonder why his was having trouble...

If that's the case, there's really no reason to change it. Sorry Diablo, didn't mean to make you look bad!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
My has the "problem" too.
Right now I have "111 of 314 - total 13..."
If I go to double digits, I get it correct: "11 of 314 - total 1315".
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
Nogg
Literate!

yeah, it's a minor issue that i'll get fixed asap.