Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Nightstalker
Nightstalker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question PDF to EPUB problem

Ive started having problems converting PDF files to EPUB/MOBI on Calibre.A way I used was using Mobi Creator to convert the PDF to HTML and then use Calibre to convert that to EPUB.Now in Calibre Ebook viewer the book was perfect and I thought ive finally done it but when I sent it to my ebook its almost unreadable as words just join up together I cant understand why its fine in Calibre but not on my ebook.
If I dont use Mobi Creator and just convert the PDF to EPUB using Calibre then I get all these weird symbols in the sentences so I dont know what to do to correct this.

Please help
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What device are you using?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Nightstalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
What device are you using?

Got it off ebay
Old 05-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Nightstalker

No one know?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
No one know?
LMGTFY
http://www.ereadersales.co.uk/shop/a...7%26aid%3D3%26

Why Mobi? It claims EPUB ?? (No mention of Adobe or any DRM capability)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I suspect the reason no-one has given you an answer lies in the sticky thread in the conversion forum on PDF conversions. Basically, they are rarely worth bothering with unless you fancy lots of editing afterwards to make it look like the original.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote