Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
B&N nook will be sold in college bookstores

B&N operates about 600 campus bookstores (including mine). I was just visiting the website, and there is a big banner across the top of the page announcing the nook. I didn't know that they would be selling it there.

Interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bnr_768x200_opt.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	38577  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
What is a cooege? Maybe you need to get your money back

Edit:
Ahhh... you fixed it. Now I look like a crack addict

But in all reality I think that is a great move. It will expose the Nook to an even larger number of people who just have to have gadgets... and maybe even read a book or two

Last edited by rcuadro; 11-05-2009 at 08:39 AM.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
What is a cooege? Maybe you need to get your money back
See, this is why I don't report the news much anymore. I'm too distracted.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
blackberry7
blackberry7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Some college students actually do [have to] read - a lot. And searchable text is a great friend of most students. Searchable text that you can carry around on a handheld - even better. So all that to say I'm not surprised.
blackberry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
That would be great if there were any textbooks available in the B&N ebookstore. Will work for English lit majors though!
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
At my university, the textbook mgr told me that they will be selling textbooks as ebooks, but I don't know when/how. She asked me to provide a list of those books I wanted to be made available to my students in e-format, I did, and I haven't heard anything more. (I hope to hear from her soon.) I already get email from students asking if any textbooks are available for the Kindle; it would be great if they could get textbooks on the nook.
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeth View Post
At my university, the textbook mgr told me that they will be selling textbooks as ebooks, but I don't know when/how. She asked me to provide a list of those books I wanted to be made available to my students in e-format, I did, and I haven't heard anything more. (I hope to hear from her soon.) I already get email from students asking if any textbooks are available for the Kindle; it would be great if they could get textbooks on the nook.
B&N doesn't run its own digital textbook store at the moment. The following link leads to MBS, the company that does it for B&N (look for the ones in Epub):
http://www.digitaltextbooks.com/

If B&N runs your campus bookstore, then currently this is the company that you'll buy digital textbooks from. (One of them, at least.) There should be a page for your school, but it only exists if some of the textbooks your school uses are available in digital form. There aren't all that many digital textbooks out there at the moment, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But you can check for a dedicated page by googling:
"your school" site:bn.digitaltextbooks.com.

My school, for example, doesn't have a page. So far as I can tell none of the textbooks my school uses are available.

Last edited by Nate the great; 11-14-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Books on Board also carries textbooks.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote