Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I believe they are taking trips to Mexico. I don't normally travel, but might have to carpool with them to check out the sights.
Come with us it's free! No money needed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #17
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I'm sightseeing. I heard on the Kobo thread that India has some cheap spots to visit. I might just hop a plane there next.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I'm sightseeing. I heard on the Kobo thread that India has some cheap spots to visit. I might just hop a plane there next.
I don't travel unless it's free. Last time I took a trip I lost my card as World Pay reported me as fraud and my new card I protect and use PayPal instead.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
Hey all, Brand new today, "A Sweet Life" - a set of 14 contemporary romances that raises money for diabetes research. It's priced at a mere $2.99! Some of the authors included are Brenda Novak, Carly Phillips, Susan Mallery, Susan Wiggs, and Barbara Freehy. Below are the links for Nook and Amazon. Happy Reading! Joan
Nook http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-sw...=2940045797030
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6YW3HWK55XCGG2

Last edited by xstitchfan; 05-01-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: to fix a word
xstitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #20
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitchfan View Post
Hey all, Brand new today, "A Sweet Life" - a set of 14 contemporary romances that raises money for diabetes research. It's priced at a mere $2.99! Some of the authors included are Brenda Novak, Carly Phillips, Susan Mallery, Susan Wiggs, and Barbara Freehy. Below are the links for Nook and Amazon. Happy Reading! Joan
Nook http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-sw...=2940045797030
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6YW3HWK55XCGG2
Thank you for posting that. It's a cause dear to my heart as my son has type 1 Diabetes. It's also at Kobo.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Bad Baron's Daughter doesn't have download but the others do!
Using some special tools and Kobo Desktop I was able to get a epub copy of the book for my Reader. I am so happy! I wanted these books forever! Never did I expect to get them for free!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Also free there (although not Romance) - Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:55 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Using some special tools and Kobo Desktop I was able to get a epub copy of the book for my Reader.
I had never done this, but just did the same. Very easy to do thanks to Alf and friends.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #24
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
apesmom & Blossom

Nice road trip. And I only needed help once. I deserve a gold star for that I did not even have a problem putting in Calibre or moving to my Kindle

Really did not need something else to read but hey it's free and IT FREE!!!!

The best part of books!

Again
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I had never done this, but just did the same. Very easy to do thanks to Alf and friends.
It will still need some cleanup in Calibre using Edit book to get rid of the kepub elements. There's JavaScript to remove from the HTML files and the script itself needs to be deleted.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
It will still need some cleanup in Calibre using Edit book to get rid of the kepub elements. There's JavaScript to remove from the HTML files and the script itself needs to be deleted.
I don't know that they really need to be removed, but I did remove kobo.js and...
Quote:
<!-- kobo-style -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/kobo.js"/>
<style type="text/css" id="koboSpanStyle">.koboSpan { -webkit-text-combine: inherit; }</style>
It doesn't appear to change anything for a non-Kobo reading app though it displays fine just as it does with Kobo's junk left in. There's all the KoboSpan crud I suppose one could remove too, but I guess I don't care as long as the book displays okay.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-02-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
In the thread of the plugin ModifyEpub there's a version which cleans all those elements by itself.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I don't travel unless it's free. Last time I took a trip I lost my card as World Pay reported me as fraud and my new card I protect and use PayPal instead.
Worldpay bit me this week (real card, so able to fix it to work again), when I tried to pay my membership at LonCon (hugos are in London this year).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #29
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really love summer and the heat myself. But... my bunnies hate summer. Well not just my bunnies actually bunnies in general. I always feed between 6 - 8 am. Now since it has gotten above 50 degree they stop eating until night time. Changing my sleep pattern to feed them. I have been freaking out the last 5 days because it seemed like they were not eating. A million horrible thoughts ran thru my head. And nothing is wrong just it has warmed up. It is to early for me to have the a/c on. I have two ceiling fans moving above them but I guess that is not enough. I know they have fur but really don't see how they can be warm. I am still wearing winter (fleece) pj's.

Just I allow my pets to rule my life
Old 05-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #30
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Okay Blossom or someone, where are the books at in the Kobo app for PC. I found the folder on my hard drive but I can't find any books and my library has synced