Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did reduce the size of the signature as small as I can. But if the forum allowed me to put the ticker next to the text, then it would be even less vertical space. But as it is now, it's as small as I can make it unless Alex wants to mod the forum to allow the ticker to be next to other things.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
deleted

Last edited by wvcherrybomb; 01-08-2011 at 02:43 AM.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I always thought it was called a 'tickler'...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
It is a forum for goodness sake, not an art gallery.
teehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I always thought it was called a 'tickler'...
teehee

Hopefully my signature passes muster by being decent and not annoying. I'm going to add a little text to it as soon as I'm done posting here (because I just remembered).

The tickers remind me of when I was on all the pregnancy/mothering forums back in the day (the day when I was having babies practically every year) and it was all the rage to have a ticker ticking off the status of the pregnancy. I just can't go there.

eta-- ok, I added it!

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 01-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
teehee

teehee

Hopefully my signature passes muster by being decent and not annoying. I'm going to add a little text to it as soon as I'm done posting here (because I just remembered).
I don't see it. I guess it has been added to Adblock the moment I saw it. I don't even notice what is in there, I right click the pic and add it to the adblocker automatically. As if there was a script in my mind that forces my right hand to perform the action.
So it doesn't bother me
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
In Adblock Plus I added
Code:
||tickers.tickerfactory.com^
thus I don't have to add each individual ticket to my adblock on each of my three computers. I am don't see any of them, be it old or new
Thanks for asking though
Woot! Thank you so much for that tip . I generally like to see people's sigs so I haven't disabled them but the tickerfactory thing is a bit of a retro thing (why does it remind me of AOL and Geocities so much? ). Added the ABP filter and all is well .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 AM   #22
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did reduce the size of the signature as small as I can. But if the forum allowed me to put the ticker next to the text, then it would be even less vertical space. But as it is now, it's as small as I can make it unless Alex wants to mod the forum to allow the ticker to be next to other things.
If you removed the next to the first line of text, you could make it smaller.

.... and now I'm turning off signatures again. Just put them back on to have a look here, and !!!
(AdBlock doesn't work so well in Chrome)

Last edited by Ea; 01-21-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
.... and now I'm turning off signatures again. Just put them back on to have a look here, and !!!
Convert to FF
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Because Chrome's API doesn't support all the things possible in Mozilla based browsers.

In Firefox, I don't use AdBlock. I run an extension called Stylish, that will run arbitrary CSS on the page you are viewing, based on the domain of the page. (Stylish can also apply CSS to FF itself, and globally across all browsing instances.)

I use Stylish to enable Ad Blocking Filterset P. Filterset P is under the hood of AdBlock: it's a lengthy set of CSS declarations that defines ad servers, and simply doesn't render content sourced from those servers.

Stylish has been ported to Chrome, so you might look at it.

Stylish for Chrome is here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...fgmeleoegfcffe

Stylish for Firefox is here: http://userstyles.org/styles/299

Filterset P is here: http://userstyles.org/styles/299

It's not as thorough as AdBlock, but I don't care. I'm not fanatical about blocking all ads. I just wanted to clean up ad heavy sites and make them readable, and it does that well.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote