Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Unhappy My K3 got the black line

It happened to me now. My K3 from september, just got a horizontal black line on the upper part of the screen. Many Restarts, resets, with/without lighted cover, fully charged etc. no change.
Sent an email to Kindle CS, so lets see what happens.
I'm too cheap to call CS from Denmark, but maybe I'll have to.
Fortunately it IS possible to read, but ... my baby needs help.
Is there a doctor in the house ?
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
hal2814
Connoisseur
hal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2
There's nothing to do really. Amazon should set you up with a new one. That's what they did for my wife's Kindle that had the same issue. Sorry to hear you're having that issue.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Phone them, and phone them twice if you think you can get better. I did too from overseas and it is way better than email. They've a good customerservice. You might also email them to phone you, even if you're not on the list of 'countries we phone in' (or something like that).
Good luck.

Last edited by desertblues; 12-02-2010 at 01:36 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Hi All
Thanx for your support ! Needed that ;-D
Kindle CS told me to call them - so I did.
I don't believe it !! After 6 min. 10 seconds on the phone, all was settled.
Well, trouble ticket logged and sent to replacement team, who'll mail me with further info.
But I'm schocked - 6 min. in total ?
Wow - NOW I understand why almost everyone is impressed by CS.
Had my fears living in Denmark, but right now I'm smiling so much my face might crack.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi All
Thanx for your support ! Needed that ;-D
Kindle CS told me to call them - so I did.
I don't believe it !! After 6 min. 10 seconds on the phone, all was settled.
Well, trouble ticket logged and sent to replacement team, who'll mail me with further info.
But I'm schocked - 6 min. in total ?
Wow - NOW I understand why almost everyone is impressed by CS.
Had my fears living in Denmark, but right now I'm smiling so much my face might crack.
Kindles and Kindle Customer Service Rule!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pchrist7: told you so....
I have really good experiences with A.customersservice.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Their customer service is fine only if you call them (which not everyone can). If you try to email them it's completely worthless.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #8
pchrist7
Addict

Replacement K3 shipped. expected arrival i Denmark, 8th. - 10th. december.
Not bad :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment

Pchrist, admit it.

It is good!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
pchrist7
Addict

SO far so GOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Pchrist, admit it.

It is good!
Can't help myself. I need to see the new K3 working PERFECTLY before I rate the whole process.
BUT ... SO far it's GOOD
Must agree !
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Can't help myself. I need to see the new K3 working PERFECTLY before I rate the whole process.
BUT ... SO far it's GOOD
Must agree !
Good luck to you then.
My replacement was better than the defective one, before it became defective. It runs smoother overall; I didn't see signs of previous use on it at all; so I wish you the same experience, of course.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #12
pchrist7
Addict

I don't belive this !!
My replacement K3 is out for delivery today ! AND this is my day off from work, wow.
I called Kindle CS friday late afternoon !! Today is monday, and I live in Denmark.
Amazing ! If only UPS could come around, like now, so I can start testing, wifisetup, data transfers etc.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #13
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
I don't belive this !!
My replacement K3 is out for delivery today ! AND this is my day off from work, wow.
I called Kindle CS friday late afternoon !! Today is monday, and I live in Denmark.
Amazing ! If only UPS could come around, like now, so I can start testing, wifisetup, data transfers etc.
brilliant hope you don't have to wait too long
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #14
pchrist7
Addict

Hehehe - UPS were here around noon. Made the UPS guy's day : "You're the man !!"
Might have got the procedure for transfer of contents/collections wrong, but think there's room for misunderstanding in the Kindle user guide. Never mind. New one is stressed out, indexing, 350 to go. Then we'll see what has to be "fixed".
OK OK OK !!! I AGREE !!
I Have NEVER EVER had such an experience !
Kindle CS ( outsourced to ? ) rocks, Amazon rocks for paying for Priority International Courier, UPS rocks for doing it - 2 days early !!
This looks to be a VERY good day ;-)
( get done with the indexing so I can start testing,reading, bla bla)

Last edited by pchrist7; 12-06-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #15
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Hehehe - UPS were here around noon. Made the UPS guy's day : "You're the man !!"
Might have got the procedure for transfer of contents/collections wrong, but think there's room for misunderstanding in the Kindle user guide. Never mind. New one is stressed out, indexing, 350 to go. Then we'll see what has to be "fixed".
OK OK OK !!! I AGREE !!
I Have NEVER EVER had such an experience !
Kindle CS ( outsourced to ? ) rocks, Amazon rocks for paying for Priority International Courier, UPS rocks for doing it - 2 days early !!
This looks to be a VERY good day ;-)
( get done with the indexing so I can start testing,reading, bla bla)
Make sure to let the Kindle charge while indexing and to check when the indexing is done by random search. If indexing is stuck on one book for half an hour; just delete it with Calbre or such and go on.
Good luck/