Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #91
elcico
elcico began at the beginning.

Device: poketbook 912, kindle 4 & pw2
Thank you very much rkomar, you're great!
Don't worry, no matter how long to wait. I know what it means to be too busy by work...
ciao
elcico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #92
luigibrosse
luigibrosse began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch
Thanks Rkomar.
It seems that I am the first with a Touch / 622 to install your app, so maybe I am the first with that kind of problem (or maybe this is only because I have my touch only since some hours).

I succeeded in installing the app and reading cbr files. But I have the following problems.

- Even if I copy the xxx.app to my /Applications/ folder, I don't see the app listed (this is minor but to let you know)

- I don't have access to some menu from your app / nor can I modify the zoom or properly quit your app. The only thing I can do once I read a cbr is going from one pics to the other with the "arrows" hard buttons and bring the summary / list of images with the "list" hard button. "Home" hard button bring me to the start but is not closing the app.

I tried every possible movements on the touch surface (clic, hold, double tap, pinch...) with no result. Could you tell me if this is the normal behavior or what I am missing?

Thanks again for this great app!
luigibrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #93
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Hi luigibrosse. I don't have a touchscreen of any kind, so I can't really test any of this stuff myself. The program has been tested with the x03/x12 devices, which have the stylus/Wacom touchscreens. You can get the menu on those devices just by tapping the screen. I wonder if the Touch produces different events than the older devices? Ah, I see in the API that there are EVT_TOUCHUP/EVT_TOUCHDOWN/EVT_TOUCHMOVE events. I just assumed that the Touch would produce the same pointer events as the others. I'll look into adding these events to the program. If you don't mind, I'll PM you (personal message) if I have something to test, and you can let me know if it works. You are missing many of the buttons on the other devices, and it may be difficult to emulate them just with finger touches. We'll see.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #94
luigibrosse

No problem for PM or beta testing. My pleasure.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigibrosse View Post
- Even if I copy the xxx.app to my /Applications/ folder, I don't see the app listed (this is minor but to let you know)
I have seen message on the russian forum about this issue it is because of bug in the firmware. It will be fixed in the next version. You can workaround it by removing "User Applications.lnk" file (or something like that).
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #96
luigibrosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
I have seen message on the russian forum about this issue it is because of bug in the firmware. It will be fixed in the next version. You can workaround it by removing "User Applications.lnk" file (or something like that).
Tried it and it is indeed working.
Removing this file makes pbimageviewer appear in the application list.

Then touching it launch the software and open a dialogue box for selecting a folder containing pictures. If I navigate to such a folder (one with a cbr file inside that can be opened directly by clicking on it from the library), I can't open the cbr file... :/
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #97
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigibrosse View Post
Tried it and it is indeed working.
Removing this file makes pbimageviewer appear in the application list.

Then touching it launch the software and open a dialogue box for selecting a folder containing pictures. If I navigate to such a folder (one with a cbr file inside that can be opened directly by clicking on it from the library), I can't open the cbr file... :/
No, it doesn't work that way. The directory navigation dialog is for unpacked images only. There's no way to choose a particular file via that dialog, and opening multiple archives or mixing images and archives isn't supported, so the archive files in a directory are just ignored.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #98
luigibrosse

Ok good to know that.
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #99
seiichiro0185
seiichiro0185 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622
Hi there, another Touch 622 user here. I can confirm the non-working touchscreen and would also be interested in testing on the 622.

Anyways thanks for the program, its usefull even in its current rudimentary state on the 622
seiichiro0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #100
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Hi there, another Touch 622 user here. I can confirm the non-working touchscreen and would also be interested in testing on the 622.

Anyways thanks for the program, its usefull even in its current rudimentary state on the 622
Okay. I'm getting some help from luigibrosse to try to understand the multi-touch events, but getting more help from others wouldn't hurt. I'll PM you with more information.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #101
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks to luigibrosse for pointing out that basic touch events didn't work on the Touch device, and for helping me figure out why. More thanks to DmitryZ for explaining what the new events are on the Touch, and how to get the location information from these multi-touch events. A big thanks to seiichiro018 for helping me get the pinch-to-zoom stuff and configuration editing working on the Touch. There's a new version available in the first post that should be a big improvement for people using the Touch device.

For everyone else, the only other change I made was to try to keep the center of the display at the same place in the image when zooming in and out. It's not a big improvement, so I wouldn't necessarily upgrade to the latest version if you're happy with the old one.

The lack of buttons on the Touch makes it more difficult to use the cartoon panel mode on those devices. I mapped the long press on the Next and Prev buttons to navigating to the next and previous panels, respectively. However, it's kind of slow using the long press for that. I intend on implementing some gestures for that in the future, along with changing the screen orientation, but it could take a while before I get that working. I really have no idea how to recognize gestures programatically, so I give no guarantees that it will ever come about.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #102
rkomar
Wizard

I got translations for French and Portuguese from Pascal V., and they are looking good in those languages. Before I upload new versions of the program, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in doing some translations to other languages. There are about 40 items to translate for each language. If you have your PocketBook set to a language besides English and run pbimageviewer, you will see the standard menu items expressed in that language, and others which are peculiar to the program are shown in English. It is those ones in English that need to be translated. If you'd like to give it a try, PM me and I'll give you a copy of the file that needs to be edited with the new translations.

Edit: we have volunteers for Italian and German. Don't let your language be left behind!

Last edited by rkomar; 12-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #103
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Hello again, got some questions and ideas^^

Is this possible to create function which users can save to configured dir image which is displaying? By some shortcut or menu?

And going back to password protected archives...
Is this possible to enter some password via Other app, which save it to RAM (just for session when device is on) and PBiv will use it when it is nessesary?
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #104
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapo View Post
Hello again, got some questions and ideas^^

Is this possible to create function which users can save to configured dir image which is displaying? By some shortcut or menu?

And going back to password protected archives...
Is this possible to enter some password via Other app, which save it to RAM (just for session when device is on) and PBiv will use it when it is nessesary?
Do you mean that you want a screenshot? Or a copy of the image file within the archive? I'm not sure I understand, because it seems to me you should just be able to extract the original image from the archive yourself.

To be honest, I had forgotten about the password feature, so I'm glad that you reminded me about it. I'll take another look to see what can be done. I'm not sure how to easily implement your suggestion, since it would probably mean writing another program just for storing a password and passing it to the viewer when it starts up. I think I'd rather just figure out how to get it to work entirely within the viewer. It will be less complicated for everyone that way.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #105
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Do you mean that you want a screenshot? Or a copy of the image file within the archive? I'm not sure I understand, because it seems to me you should just be able to extract the original image from the archive yourself.

To be honest, I had forgotten about the password feature, so I'm glad that you reminded me about it. I'll take another look to see what can be done. I'm not sure how to easily implement your suggestion, since it would probably mean writing another program just for storing a password and passing it to the viewer when it starts up. I think I'd rather just figure out how to get it to work entirely within the viewer. It will be less complicated for everyone that way.
I mean feature which will be extracting actually viewed image to * directory, sometimes I want save funny pages from comics : )

Thanks for taking care of it.

gl!
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote