Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #121
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Temps today in the low 70's, reminding me why we live in Arizona.

nippy this morning - white frost covering everything - at least it's calm ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #122
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Cold (but not enough for frost), clear and sunny. Although it looks like the sun has gone in now...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #123
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
It's cloudy and +1C this morning at 5:45 am. I tried to find a video of the annual polar bear swims, there are several in our area, but none are posted yet.

If unfamiliar with the swim, people, some in swimming attire, some in costumes and some in nothing at all go for a swim in our cold North Pacific ocean on the 1st of January. (some haven't slept and are continuring the New Year's Eve party, others are sucking in the smoke from that last cigarette before they quit again on New Years).

Good New Year to you all at MR.

PS: And yes, George Costansa was right about shrinkage.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #124
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
It's cloudy and +1C this morning at 5:45 am. I tried to find a video of the annual polar bear swims, there are several in our area, but none are posted yet.

If unfamiliar with the swim, people, some in swimming attire, some in costumes and some in nothing at all go for a swim in our cold North Pacific ocean on the 1st of January. (some haven't slept and are continuring the New Year's Eve party, others are sucking in the smoke from that last cigarette before they quit again on New Years).

Good New Year to you all at MR.

PS: And yes, George Costansa was right about shrinkage.

There is a similar tradition in parts of the UK, but I suspect the North Sea and the ponds on Hampstead Heath are possibly a tad warmer...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #125
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Currently around 10 C, peaking today at 24 C and bright sunshine. Tommorrow peaking at around 26 C. I'll be spending my time doing yardwork this afternoon and next....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #126
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
It's about to change in the weather. Now, it's going to be freezing drizzle for the next two days.

<<Dreaming of Florida>>
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #127
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
<<Dreaming of Florida>>
seriously ?? florida ?? you know they have cockroaches there the size of your arm, right ? and they fly. :shudder:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #128
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
seriously ?? florida ?? you know they have cockroaches there the size of your arm, right ? and they fly. :shudder:
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #129
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, but the aa should take care of most of them, while the ground, and more specifically the driveway and sidewalks, remain free of water less than 0 C in temperature.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #130
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yes, but the aa should take care of most of them, while the ground, and more specifically the driveway and sidewalks, remain free of water less than 0 C in temperature.
the aa ?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #131
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
My sister and her family are in Florida at the moment. They wanted to get a headstart on their golf game. BTW she owned the first eBook reader that I ever saw, a Rocket, got to use it for a day when she visited, only got halfway through the book I was reading and never saw the thing again. Must have been about 15 years ago.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #132
pshrynk

Quote:
the aa ?
Anti Aircraft. Or Ack Ack. An essential upgrade to any home in Florida.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #133
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Cockroaches that big aren't too much of a problem...Besided they really aren't any bigger than your hand. In Hawaii, you have centipedes. And they do get to 17 cm. long and have an agonizing sting. My 2 months in Hawaii duing 2000, I counted over 40 dead centipedes outside of where I was staying...

But I'll still go back in a heartbeat, if I had the money....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #134
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
True, they fly, but not very well. It's more of a controlled fall from the ceiling. Feel better now?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #135
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Cockroaches that big aren't too much of a problem...Besided they really aren't any bigger than your hand. In Hawaii, you have centipedes. And they do get to 17 cm. long and have an agonizing sting. My 2 months in Hawaii duing 2000, I counted over 40 dead centipedes outside of where I was staying...

But I'll still go back in a heartbeat, if I had the money....
1. i think it really depends on who's hand / arm we're using to compare, now, don't you ?
2. as if "not any bigger than your hand" is any kind of consolation !!!!!
3. centipedes :violentshuddering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
True, they fly, but not very well. It's more of a controlled fall from the ceiling. Feel better now?
NO !!!!!

(ack ack, right, i've seen that in british films about the war. of course.)

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty