Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #661
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Exclamation Fif Filenames and paths error

calibre, version 1.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

calibre 1.4 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 51, in do_book_action
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 187, in evaluate_book
AttributeError: 'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

Windows XP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #662
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I can't replicate this error. And looking at the calibre code I can see the construct_path_name function available on the database2.py class. Perhaps Kovid can shed some light on why this might be happening for you...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #663
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I can't replicate this error. And looking at the calibre code I can see the construct_path_name function available on the database2.py class. Perhaps Kovid can shed some light on why this might be happening for you...
Thanks for looking.

Maybe I will do a clean(er) install, by starting with an empty Calibre2
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #664
theducks
Well trained by Cats

similar with 1.4 on ubuntu 13.04

calibre, version 1.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

calibre 1.4 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.8.0-30-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.8.0-30-generic', '#44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:52:24 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 187, in evaluate_book
Old 09-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #665
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Similar with 1.4.0 on Windows 7 x64

calibre, version 1.4.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'conn'

calibre 1.4 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 169, in evaluate_book
AttributeError: 'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'conn'
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #666
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks- as I said, I can't replicate it. I have tried running from source as well as running from the msi installer. In both cases using the very latest version of calibre (1.4). And the code has that function present in it so I don't exect it to fail.

@Koboyashi - now that is a different bug, which I can replicate, caused by the changes Kovid made to the database API. I will put a fix together for it. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #667
kiwidude

v1.9.7 released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for the Check and repair book sizes function with changes to calibre in 1.x.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #668
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Re: v1.9.7 released

Thanks for the quick fix
Check and repair book sizes function works flawlessly now.
Check and rename book paths gives me the the construct_path_name error too:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.4.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

calibre 1.4 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 185, in evaluate_book

Last edited by Koboyashi; 09-25-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Clarifying WHICH function runs flawlessly
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #669
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
@theducks- as I said, I can't replicate it. I have tried running from source as well as running from the msi installer. In both cases using the very latest version of calibre (1.4). And the code has that function present in it so I don't exect it to fail.

@Koboyashi - now that is a different bug, which I can replicate, caused by the changes Kovid made to the database API. I will put a fix together for it. Thanks for reporting it.
So how do I explain the similar error on 2 (way) different OS?
WXP and Ubuntu 13.04

And it only seems that one test.
Damaged DB (it is the same DB) ? Except it passed the db check.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #670
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I tried out what I think theducks was doing and got the same error. I went to Fix and chose Check and rename book paths and immediately got the following error.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.4.0

calibre 1.4 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.5

This happens every time using calibre portable or calibre 64. The error was with the latest Quality check update. After clicking OK to the error it displays the dialog that it is checking the books but the first book remains in the dialog and you have to cancel it to remove the dialog from the screen.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-24-2013 at 09:34 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #671
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I tried out what I think theducks was doing and got the same error. I went to Fix and chose Check and rename book paths and immediately got the following error.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.4.0

calibre 1.4 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.5

This happens every time using calibre portable or calibre 64. The error was with the latest Quality check update. After clicking OK to the error it displays the dialog that it is checking the books but the first book remains in the dialog and you have to cancel it to remove the dialog from the screen.
Thanks for the confirm.
Kovid may have changed something in the db libs
new_path = db.construct_path_name(book_id).replace(os.sep, '/')
Old 09-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #672
kiwidude

The penny finally dropped this morning - I have been using the wrong feature of the plugin to try to replicate the issue of that construct_path_name. Too tushed with the minimal time to work on these at the moment. I am discussing with Kovid an alternative approach and will push a fix when I get time to sort it out...
Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #673
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The penny finally dropped this morning - I have been using the wrong feature of the plugin to try to replicate the issue of that construct_path_name. Too tushed with the minimal time to work on these at the moment. I am discussing with Kovid an alternative approach and will push a fix when I get time to sort it out...
No rush, at least you are now aware of the issue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #674
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks.
This is not a show stopper as I have other broken data that the PI does find for me to work on.

Whenever.

Get some shuteye (or a pint) if needed
Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #675
kiwidude

v1.9.8 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for the "Check and rename book paths" function with changes to calibre in 1.x.

Thanks to Kovid for the steer and those of you with the patience from reporting this until I had the chance to replicate/fix it...