Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
yuenslhk
yuenslhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Can I reinstall the official amazon update after the update file from this site ?

Can I still reinstall the official amazon update after the update file from this site ? it seem the file from Amazon is 24MB, bigger than the one provide here a week before , now I can't install the amazon update (since the device is already 2.52), is there a way for me to refresh the amazon 2.52 update ?
yuenslhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuenslhk View Post
Can I still reinstall the official amazon update after the update file from this site ? it seem the file from Amazon is 24MB, bigger than the one provide here a week before , now I can't install the amazon update (since the device is already 2.52), is there a way for me to refresh the amazon 2.52 update ?
I think the Amazon file is bigger because it contains the incremental updates. The file you already installed only worked if your Kindle already had 2.3.4.

You won't be able to update again until you get a file with a higher version number than what's already installed. You won't have to wait long, since 2.5.3 is already in the wild.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
nancyl
nancyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
The 2.5.3 update for Kindle 2 Global/ International can be found here:
nancyl is offline   Reply With Quote