Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #46
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I'll second this one.

Ea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In the interest of having more choice for folks, there's a lot of Sci-Fi on the current list, I'll add a nomination for Catherine M. Wilson's When Women Were Warriors: Book 1 The Warrior's Path.

She is offering the first book free in PRC and PDF in a thread here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=warriors

...the book can be downloaded here...
http://www.catherinemwilson.com/free-ebook.html

The PRC seems to convert well to LRF and EPUB in Calibre.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #47
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I think he has a collection...maybe we should drag him in here to pimp himself
No pimping, I just don't have the hat for it In any case my novel will be out shortly, so maybe in another month or so I'll be favoured with a nomination. Thanks for the vote though, Jaxx

I'd like to second the Richard Herley Novel - Penal Colony, as I quite enjoyed the movie version of it with Lance Henrisken and Ray Liotta and wouldn't mind seeing how the book holds up. Plus, I might have my hands on a Sony reader soonish, so it would be nice to Christen it with a novel I haven't read yet.
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow guys... these are all awesome books. It is going to be hard to decide this month on which two to vote for. But, I would be happy to read any one of them.

BOb
Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #49
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow guys... these are all awesome books. It is going to be hard to decide this month on which two to vote for. But, I would be happy to read any one of them.

BOb
You're quite right there, I don't think there's a bad choice in amongst them. I might end up just reading all of them in any case
Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #50
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I think there is a little bit of confusion about how the book selection process works.

The first round is the nominations round. This is the thread in which people can make suggestions and recommendations. After three people have nominated a book, it goes on to the voting round. During the nominations round, nominations don't get counted after 3 people suggest the same book.

The second round is the voting round. Every qualifying book from the nominations round gets put in a poll, and the single book with the most votes after a week is the one that will be read in the next month.
Ok, thanks Fledchen for explaining .
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #51
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Nominations are closed and the voting thread will be open shortly. Could a moderator close this thread, please?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nominations are closed.

Please vote here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43056

Closed Thread

Tags
mrbc