Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in January 2013

Happy New Year, everyone! May it be full of delightful romances!

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and occasionally recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast. Enjoy!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DANL's list of January titles is online. Here the link to their site.

Once Again a Bride by Jane Ashford (historical; early access).

Quote:
She Couldn't Be More Alone

Widowhood has freed Charlotte Wylde from a demoralizing and miserable marriage. But when her husband's intriguing nephew and heir arrives to take over the estate, Charlotte discovers she's unsafe in her own home...

Alec Wylde was shocked by his uncle's untimely death, and even more shocked to encounter his uncle's beautiful young widow. Now clouds of suspicion are gathering, and charges of murder hover over Charlotte's head.

He Could Be Her Only Hope...or Her Next Victim
For the Love of a Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk (paranormal).

Quote:
Centuries ago, Meryn was thought to be utterly lost—all traces of his soul given up to the ravening goblin horde. But with the curse that enslaved him now broken, he must once again learn to walk in the realm of men. Nurse Nadine Gilbert likes working the night shift to avoid her disturbing dreams, but her mysterious new patient looks hauntingly familiar. Meryn knows he doesn’t deserve a second chance, but Nadine brings out his long-buried human side. Telling her the truth about his violent past could destroy their fragile trust. Could she ever believe in the love of a Goblin Warrior?
The Officer Breaks the Rules by Jeanette Murray (contemporary).

Quote:
Some Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

He's Ruled by Loyalty...

Every man knows that you don't date your best friend's little sister, but Captain Jeremy Phillips can't seem to be convince Madison O'Shay to stay away. And he can't convince himself to stop thinking about her, either.

She's Ruled by Love...

Madison knows exactly what she wants...and whom. But she won't give up her career in the Navy for any man, not even Jeremy.

They're both about to learn that in the game of love, it's all about breaking the rules.
Checkmate, My Lord by Tracey Devlyn (another historical; early access).

Quote:
The Stakes Are High, The Players in Position...

Catherine Ashcroft leads a quiet life caring for her precocious seven-year-old daughter, until a late-night visitor delivers a startling ultimatum. She will match wits with the enigmatic Earl of Somerton, and it's not just her heart that's in danger.

Let the Games Begin...

Spymaster Sebastian Danvers, Earl of Somerton, is famous for his cunning. Few can outwit him and even fewer dare challenge him-until now. After returning to his country estate, his no-nonsense neighbor turns her seductive wiles on him- but why would a respectable widow like Catherine risk scandal for a few passionate nights in his bed?
And here are older titles you can choose alternatively:

Taste Me by Tamara Hogan (paranormal).

Quote:
Hot, sexy urban fantasy romance by a new author with talent to burn…

He Wants Her So Badly He Can Taste It…

Ever since their tempestuous fling years ago, incubus Lukas Sebastiani has known that siren Scarlett Fontaine was meant to be his. But when you’re a sex demon with an insatiable desire, relationships are way more than complicated…

Her Siren Songs Bring Men to Their Knees…

Rock star Scarlett Fontaine desperately needs a break after a grueling tour. But with murder and mayhem surrounding her band, and the one man she never thought to see again put to the task of protecting her, life is going to be anything but peaceful…

Every encounter between them creates more turmoil—and heat—until Scarlett pushes Lukas to the boiling point, and unleashes forces that go way beyond anything she can hope to control…
The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina (historical).

Quote:
WHEN A SCANDALOUS LADY...

By night Ellie Vyne fleeces unsuspecting aristocrats as the dashing Count de Bonneville. By day she avoids her sisters' matchmaking schemes and dreams up torments for her childhood nemesis—the arrogant, far-too-handsome-for-his-own-good James Hartley. Her latest prank: "winning" the Hardey diamonds in a card game from James's mistress.

STEALS FROM A NOTORIOUS RAKE...

James finally has a lead on the thieving Count de Bonneville, tracking him to a disreputable inn. He bursts in on none other than the brazen, irritating, nearly naked Ellie Vyne. Convinced she is the count's mistress, James decides it's best to keep his enemies close. Very close. He must get those diamonds back, and seducing Ellie will be the perfect bait.

IT CAN ONLY END IN A WICKED WEDDING
Making Waves by Tawna Fenske (contemporary; this one was available at bargain price earlier).

Quote:
She always wanted to belong…just not to a dysfunctional pirate crew

Juli has trouble fitting in, though she'd prefer to keep the reasons to herself. But when she mistakenly stows away on a ship of misfit corporate castoffs, her own secrets become the least of her concerns.

He knows plotting a diamond heist may be considered unusual behavior…

But Alex isn't feeling very normal when his unscrupulous boss kicks him to the curb. Meeting Juli doesn't do much to restore normalcy to Alex's life either, but it sure is exhilarating!

As Alex and Juli bare their secrets—and a whole lot more—they find that while normal is nice, weird can be wonderful
Wild Blue Under by Judi Fennell (paranormal).

Quote:
The underwater kingdom is his as soon as he claims his queen…
Rod Tritone has the looks and charm to snag any queen he wants for his Mer kingdom, but unfortunately, it's not up to him. As fate would have it, the one woman destined to rule with him is terrified of water…

She lives in land-locked Kansas and has no idea she's a princess…
Valerie Dumere thinks Rod is gorgeous and irresistible—but why does he keep insisting she has another side to herself that only he can show her?

Somehow, Rod has to prove to her who she really is. But when she finds out the truth, will she ever forgive him?

Last edited by Britomart; 01-01-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
Britomart
Guru

DANL's current choice looks quite attractive to me. In contrast to you, Blossom, I liked The Officer Says I Do , so I may go for The Officer Breaks the Rules. Or I may choose Once Again a Bride. Which book do you think looks promising?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I haven't read book 1 yet, but I got The officer Breaks the Rules. I am still behind on my credits there, so firgured I needed to use one.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Sourcebooks also has a 30% off coupon on the main site - EXTRA30. It said expires 12/31 but it worked today!
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free today from Amazon: What Wild Moonlight by Victoria Lynne. First published by Dell (1998) & expanded for this Kindle edition. UK DE
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Samhain's first of the month freebie

Worth the Scandel (Worth It #1) by Karen Erickson Kindle | Nook | Samhain

Quote:
Alexander Worth, President and CEO of Worth Luxury Goods, is a man never to be crossed. His unwavering sense of responsibility to the family business requires him to always be in complete and utter control. Until it comes to Tessa Crawford.

She’s quietly professional, shy, voluptuous…and she works for him. Which means she is the one woman he must never touch, no matter how hard his gut twists with need for her.

After rising above her disadvantaged childhood, Tessa knows the last thing she should do is risk throwing it all away by falling into bed with her sexy boss. But on an extended European business trip, all self-imposed barriers burn away in the heat of their sizzling chemistry.

Once back home, though, whispers of corporate espionage turn into full-blown scandal—and Tessa finds out the hard way where Alex’s loyalties lie. Determined to soldier on, she picks herself up and carries on with a secret, yet welcomed burden. Never guessing that Alex will make a reappearance in her life, ready to show her once and for all that family does, indeed, come first.

Warning: Contains a sweet-yet-strong woman, and a bossy alpha male brought to his knees by the woman he desperately loves. Involves enough begging and groveling that the reader may be tempted to “accidentally” leave it for her significant other to “find”. For instructional purposes only, of course!

Last edited by apesmom; 01-02-2013 at 09:24 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
DANL's current choice looks quite attractive to me. In contrast to you, Blossom, I liked The Officer Says I Do , so I may go for The Officer Breaks the Rules. Or I may choose Once Again a Bride. Which book do you think looks promising?
I was actually interested in the relationship in book two but I don't know. I am sure one of the libraries I sub to will have it.

Here's my review about book one in case anyone wants to know what I thought about it.

I'm still looking through this month's selections. It looks like several historicals have caught my eye.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was actually interested in the relationship in book two but I don't know. I am sure one of the libraries I sub to will have it.

Here's my review about book one in case anyone wants to know what I thought about it.

I'm still looking through this month's selections. It looks like several historicals have caught my eye.
Like you, I'll look for The Officer Breaks the Rules from one of my digital libraries (if I ever go back and finish the first book ). I have 3 credits in hand and I'm thinking of picking up all 3 historicals on offer. I don't think I'll renew my subscription after this round and I don't want to be stuck with credits I can't use after my membership expires.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Like you, I'll look for The Officer Breaks the Rules from one of my digital libraries (if I ever go back and finish the first book ). I have 3 credits in hand and I'm thinking of picking up all 3 historicals on offer. I don't think I'll renew my subscription after this round and I don't want to be stuck with credits I can't use after my membership expires.
I'm grabbing the historicals too. They do look good and Jane Ashford is not a new author. she is well known for her regencies from the 80s.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-01-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #11
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Samhain's first of the month freebie

Worth the Scandel (Worth It #1) by Karen Erickson Kindle | Nook | Samhain (not free yet)
Now free for Kindle!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #12
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Seems that there is a free Par-Tay going on Jan. 2-3.

also found a Christina Ridgeway at Amazon Beach House Beginnings

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
If anyone is still in the mood for feel-good Christmas Regency romances (heat level is sweet, not spicy), I just read one that I really liked. It's called Miss Isabella Thaws a Frosty Lord by Larissa Lyons. It's novella length and self-pubbed, but very well-written and without tiresome grammatical errors. It's humorous without being a farce. Also, the heroine is blind, which is one of the reasons I picked it up, as I'm a sucker for disabled heroes and heroines.

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Isabella-...mm_kin_title_0

Last edited by worktolive; 01-02-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: wrong link
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
If anyone is still in the mood for feel-good Christmas Regency romances (heat level is sweet, not spicy), I just read one that I really liked. It's called Miss Isabella Thaws a Frosty Lord by Larissa Lyons. It's novella length and self-pubbed, but very well-written and without tiresome grammatical errors. It's humorous without being a farce. Also, the heroine is blind, which is one of the reasons I picked it up, as I'm a sucker for disabled heroes and heroines.

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Isabella-...mm_kin_title_0
I'm still reading Christmas books.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

@Amazon

The Wild Rose Press has ton of free books today!

See the List here!