Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #46
vlark
vlark began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Another thing I have noticed is that when/if I power off and on with the 1.2 update (not sleep and wake from sleep, but actually turning off and on) AND I have wifi enabled, I get a notification prompting to share my books with my Nook friends. And I have Nook lending turned off and have unchecked all the books that are possible to lend. This happens EVERY time I do a hard power on and off and wifi is enabled.
vlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Uh oh. Is anyone having a problem with Calibre after the update? My Nook no longer shows up in Calibre when I connect it.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
rhermans
rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook touch glow in the dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Uh oh. Is anyone having a problem with Calibre after the update? My Nook no longer shows up in Calibre when I connect it.
The update is not yet compatible with Calibre, but they (Calibre) will fix that, I trust them completly.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I've not had any problems. I had the same device setup before, and after the firmware update calibre treated it exactly the same.,,
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #50
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
The update is not yet compatible with Calibre, but they (Calibre) will fix that, I trust them completly.
No problems with calibre, using Ubuntu 12.04.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #51
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Running Calibre 9.4 and having no problems at all with Nook 1.2. (Win/)

Edit: Tried my old netbook with Calibre 8.4 or something like that and it didn't recognize it. Updated to latest version Calibre (9.9) and it worked fine! (WinXP)

Last edited by Asawi; 12-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #52
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I updated Calibre a few days ago and the Nook shows up now.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #53
Joydeck
Joydeck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Update 1.2.1 for Nook Simple Touch

A month ago, my Nook automatically installed the 1.2 update. Yesterday, when I turned on WiFi, I saw a black screen with a white bubble saying something like Wait Updating, for an hour or so. Today, with WiFi on, my Nook returned to the Nook Forever screen and, five minutes later, a check of Settings | Device Info | About Your Nook revealed that Software version 1.2.1 had been installed.

On checking, I have noticed nothing different under the 1.2.1 update. What have others noticed?
Joydeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #54
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your thread has been merged with the other thread on this exact same subject.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #55
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Is this the same subject? A 1.2.1 update would be news to me, and not the same as the earlier 1.2.

Edit: their website only shows 1.2.0 available for download. Is this 1.2.1 version real?

Last edited by RAH; 12-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
Is this the same subject? A 1.2.1 update would be news to me, and not the same as the earlier 1.2.

Edit: their website only shows 1.2.0 available for download. Is this 1.2.1 version real?
The web site is updated to show 1.2.1 now. It looks like it just came out today 20 December 2012.

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #57
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
But (at this moment) click on the download link for 1.2.1 and one get the file nook_1_2_update.zip!!!

Perhaps someone did a quick cut-n-paste job to get a headstart on the weekend and some last-minute Christmas shopping
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #58
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
But (at this moment) click on the download link for 1.2.1 and one get the file nook_1_2_update.zip!!!

Perhaps someone did a quick cut-n-paste job to get a headstart on the weekend and some last-minute Christmas shopping
Install the file and it reports 1.2.1 though. I had updated to 1.2.0 earlier.

I think the page 1 bug on power cycle might be gone.

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #59
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
Install the file and it reports 1.2.1 though.
Glad you tried it (I tried to look in the zip file and figure out if it really was a new version but was unable to; I no longer had the earlier 1.2 zip file). Guess I'll do it...
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #60
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
I think the 1.2.1 update made the text appear less uniform again, just like prior to the 1.2.0 update. Some text look like bold characters when they really shouldn't. This was eliminated to a degree with the 1.2.0 update but now it's back. Grrrrr..
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.2.1, firmware, update