Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Free and bargain romances in June

Britomart won't be around for a few days so I'm starting the June thread.

I have nothing to post () but I selected my June book from the DaNL club. I chose The Officer Says "I Do". Any other members make their selection yet?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I have nothing to post () but I selected my June book from the DaNL club. I chose The Officer Says "I Do". Any other members make their selection yet?
I'm still deciding but leaning towards that one.

Fridays Freebie at Barnes and Noble is the Historical Romance Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen also now free at Amazon
Quote:
Sourcebooks Landmark proudly reintroduces this classic historical novel.

Karleen Koen's sweeping saga contains unforgettable characters consumed with passion: the extraordinarily beautiful fifteen-year-old noblewoman, Barbara Alderley; the man she adores, the wickedly handsome Roger MontGeoffry; her grandmother, the duchess, who rules the family with cunning and wit; and her mother, the ineffably cruel, self-centered and licentious Diana. Like no other work, Through a Glass Darkly is infused with intrigue, sweetened by romance and awash in the black ink of betrayal.

* Sold 130,000 hardcover and 600,000 mass paperback
* New York Times bestseller for five consecutive months

PRAISE FOR THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY:

"A completely involving story...power, greed, family conflict, burning ambition and passion kindle the plot. Readers will be captivated!"
- Publishers Weekly

"Fast-paced and fun to read!"
- Glamour

"Engaging, elegant, chock full of sex and gossip."
- Philadelphia Inquirer
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
Oh my word, I LOVED Through a Glass Darkly when it came out! So far it's not showing up on the UK amazon site in Kindle format at all, but I'm going to keep checking.

And while I'm here, thank you for all the previous recommendations I was showing my Kindle to a friend who is thinking of getting one, and she said "Why does it have "124" in brackets next to the word "Romance"?"

Hmmm...
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I think I'll go with King of Darkness as my June selection. I'm a sucker (ha, ha) for a good vampire novel. Last month I chose The Goblin King. It was good not great but an enjoyable dark romance.

Through a Glass Darkly looks good, too. It'll be in my Kindle archive.

Right now I'm on a Fantasy kick and am on the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series by George R. R. Martin. Not a lot of romance but the world building is superb.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I believe I will be choosing the Elaine Coffman book, unless I find out it's a reprint.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm ambivalent about all of them, but this is my most likely pick. When you get done with it, please let us know what you think of it! Otherwise, I may take my chances and wait until next month.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I believe I will be choosing the Elaine Coffman book, unless I find out it's a reprint.
The Lord of the Black Isle is not a reprint. It was the second of her newest books that Sourcebooks has released - the first being The Return of Black Douglas.
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I'm still deciding but leaning towards that one.

Fridays Freebie at Barnes and Noble is the Historical Romance Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen also now free at Amazon
Thanks!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

As a way of saying thank you to all of our MobileRead members, I just wanted to let you all know that we have also extended the 15% off coupon code "discover15" so that it is valid through the end of July.

Note, the coupon cannot be combined with other offers and cannot be used on the purchase of the membership.

We hope you enjoy June's featured selections and hope to see you at the author parties!

Last edited by grega; 06-01-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
terriluvsbooks
terriluvsbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Currently Kindle Fire and I Pad. Previously, k2, k4 and Sony 600
FYI. I was able to use my selection on a book thats not a current selection. Not sure if it was a previous one or not. I was going to buy the book anyway and couldn't make a decision about June's selection so it worked out great for me.
terriluvsbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
grega

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriluvsbooks View Post
FYI. I was able to use my selection on a book thats not a current selection. Not sure if it was a previous one or not. I was going to buy the book anyway and couldn't make a decision about June's selection so it worked out great for me.
True. Note this only works from the time you became a member.

Last edited by grega; 06-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'll probably go with The Officer Says "I Do". Or maybe I will save this month's credit. I haven't made up my mind yet.

ETA: I really want to read Honor Bound, the sequel to The Officer Says "I Do", but since I am a stickler for reading books in order feel I need to read this one first.

Last edited by library addict; 06-01-2012 at 03:45 PM.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I don't know yet what I will pick. I may hold off and see what next months is. There are some new releases though I plan to buy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I'm waiting to see what next month's DANL selections will be. Everything for June is "no interest whatsoever" to "morbid curiosity, maybe" and it's usually not a good sign when I seem to know more about the historical period being written in than the author does.

However, it's really nice of the DANL people to extend the discover15 15% off coupon through July, and hopefully some more interesting-to-me backlist catalogue additions/bonus sale stuff shows up.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Through a Glass Darkly, US Kindle link, since no one had posted that yet.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote