Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
gdcm: Grassroots DICOM library (KT + PW only)

viz.
http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

"[GCDM] ... is a cross-platform library written in C++ for DICOM medical files."

Bundle contains

Code:
./gdcmanon     ./gdcmdiff     ./gdcmgendir   ./gdcminfo     ./gdcmraw      ./gdcmscu
./gdcmconv     ./gdcmdump     ./gdcmimg      ./gdcmpdf      ./gdcmscanner  ./gdcmtar

FROM THE README
Quote:
you CAN run gdcm* like:

cd /mnt/us/extensions/gdcm/bin;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./gdcm<NAME>

Where ./gdcm<NAME> is one of these things...

./gdcmanon ./gdcmdiff ./gdcmgendir ./gdcminfo ./gdcmraw ./gdcmscu
./gdcmconv ./gdcmdump ./gdcmimg ./gdcmpdf ./gdcmscanner ./gdcmtar

################################################
NOTE:
I added a loader script so you can just go:

/mnt/us/extensions/gdcm/bin/loader/<name>

################################################

easier

As with all of my posts that I put this warning on:

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THESE FILES YOU DON'T NEED THEM

Also this extension pack currently does not ACTUALLY produce a menu entry... That is by design.

TO REITERATE THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON THE KINDLE TOUCH AND PAPERWHITE

Given a bit more time we may get a viewer and loader going.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KUAL-extensions-gdcm.zip (3.35 MB, 235 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Maybe attach an example image file or two so that people have something to play with ?

Sorry, I have already lost this morning's link to the web repository of test files.

Not the link I had in mind, but some of these might work with the toolset:
http://www.aycan.de/main/lp/sample_dicom_images.html

These look interesting (if this toolset handles the compression format used):
http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/

Last edited by knc1; 04-12-2013 at 02:34 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.microdicom.com/component/...39-images.html
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
twobob

example picture of a dicom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_449.png
Views:	286
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	104266  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
example picture of a dicom
That one clearly shows that I have lost all of my marbles.

Probably why I suggested that medical people might own Kindles and want to use them for reading medical stuff, like illustrated reports.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
twobob

I'll have to set aside time to look at the format to consider if we can display all of the data.

The short answer is this is doable. The resolution and zooming is the issue in the long term I guess
Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I'll have to set aside time to look at the format to consider if we can display all of the data.

The short answer is this is doable. The resolution and zooming is the issue in the long term I guess
Yeah, displaying a 12-bit grayscale image on a 4-bit grayscale display will be a bit tricky.
Certainly will never get FDA approval for the Kindle as a medical display device.

But doing something like a sliding 4-bit window over the 12-bit resolution, along with a "resolution zoom" might make it a useful viewer anyway (I.E: say a sliding 8-bit window that does an 8-to-4 bit dither, or 12-to-4 or ... -- sorry, I had to use that word: dither).
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
twobob

Shudder... The dreaded word

I shall set aside the time to learn the ways of the old masters.

This ghost has sat on my shoulder too long. I feel an Ip Man kicking is about due.

I agree with your points

REFS:
For the confused...
The true father of Open Source.
Learn your history.

Last edited by twobob; 04-12-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Shudder... The dreaded word

I shall set aside the time to learn the ways of the old masters.

This ghost has sat on my shoulder too long. I feel an Ip Man kicking is about due.

I agree with your points

REFS:
For the confused...
The true father of Open Source.
Learn your history.
I have PM'd you some suggestions -

In addition there is "Bayer Dithering" (not named after the aspirin brand) ;
At the other extreme, there is "Oxycodone Dithering" (named after the Geekmaster post) ;

We should only need "Excedrin Dithering" to get 12-bit grayscale to display on a 4-bit grayscale display as other than a smudge.

Tags
dicom, gdcm, kindle touch, paperwhite