Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #226
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Good news It turns out it's not the flu but a nasty cold! I am so relieved. I know, I know I am still contagious for 3 days so I will stay right over here but after seeing hubby have the flu two weeks ago I rather have the cold! Now I have to buy a hair dryer. I never use one but going to bed with damp hair made me catch cold.
I broke down and bought one a couple of weeks ago (cold here for having wet hair) at Costco - cost all of $15 for a really nice one! Steal a bit out of the book budget (after all, it's hard to read when you have the flu).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #227
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
BookStrand has 12 books for free, but you've got to download their app to receive these books. http://www.bookstrand.com/bookstrand_on_ios
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #228
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
BookStrand has 12 books for free, but you've got to download their app to receive these books. http://www.bookstrand.com/bookstrand_on_ios
I wish I could figure out how to get them from my android to my computer to import into Calibre. Just got over the flu, and my mind is still a little fuzzy. Yesterday, I couldn't remember how to tie my shoes!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #229
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I wish I could figure out how to get them from my android to my computer to import into Calibre. Just got over the flu, and my mind is still a little fuzzy. Yesterday, I couldn't remember how to tie my shoes!
If you figure that out, can you please tell me?

( If not, I'll just wait. I have heard they will be available from the webpage, sometime in the future. I have a niggling suspicion they will not be free though.)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #230
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I already had an account with bookstrand and had a few books I had purchased. I downloaded their app from google play. When I opened the app, I had to sign in with my bookstrand login. After I did this, all my purchased books plus the 12 app only books showed up. When I clicked on an app only book, it came up a page all about the book with an epub download button and a mobi download button. I hit the epub download button and after the book downloaded, it opened in my moonreader app.

The bookstrand is not a reading app, but a download front for their books. I clicked on each of the 12 app only books and hit the epub download for them.

After I did this, I hooked my phone up to my computer and searched until I found the bookstrand folder in my phone and there were the 12 books. It was a simple matter to copy them to a folder I made on my computer "bookstrand books". From there, I just added the book to calibre from this folder.

Hope that helps.

(Edited): All of these appear to be Drm free as well.

Last edited by 3dusty; 01-26-2013 at 06:20 PM.
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #231
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Don't know if I am up to that. I guess I could download them to my Tab. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #232
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
If you figure that out, can you please tell me?

( If not, I'll just wait. I have heard they will be available from the webpage, sometime in the future. I have a niggling suspicion they will not be free though.)
I thought you meant tying your shoes!!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #233
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
After I did this, I hooked my phone up to my computer and searched until I found the bookstrand folder in my phone and there were the 12 books. It was a simple matter to copy them to a folder I made on my computer "bookstrand books". From there, I just added the book to calibre from this folder.
File Manager + Dropbox simplifies this quite a bit (esp. since my Asus Transformer doesn't want to be a USB device to the computer, currently).
Old 01-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #234
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm still getting over this nasty cold!

I thought I mention here that Kobo has 40% off coupon till the Thursday.

Code: VoucherCodes40

Last night I found a huge amount of Loretta Chase's backlist over there that I could use it on. so each $2.99 book comes to only $1.79!
They are $2.99 on the Kindle. The ones published by Nancy Yost Literary Agency are couponable.

Lois Greiman Also has her backlist by Nancy Yost Literary Agency you can use the coupon on.

Not many KDP freebies lately. I hope this isn't a new trend.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #235
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon & Other stores:

Snoops in the City by Darlene Gardner
Genre: Contemporary Romance
(Former Dorchester LoveSpell title)
Note: I bought this last month. Now you can have it for free! She writes for Harlequin too.

Smashwords | Nook | Kobo | Sony

Blurb:

Quote:
Tori Whitley is possibly the world's worst snoop. Who else would fall for the man she was investigating? As a favor to her private-detective cousin, she agrees to tail Seahaven businessman Grady Palmer. How hard can it be -- especially following a man with such a cute rear end? But checking out Grady proves easy on the eyes and hard on her heart. He's packing charm, intelligence, and too many secrets. Tori has no choice but to discover the truth -- by going undercover instead of going under the covers. And all the clues lead to one conclusion: To be a successful private eye, sometimes you have to follow your instincts . . . and hope you bag the man of your dreams.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-27-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #236
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
There are a number of Austen sequels & variations available for free at Amazon today. They are from Meryton Press. No guarantee as for the quality, but I thought I'd mention them for those who are interested.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #237
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks. Some of them do look interesting.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #238
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
There are a number of Austen sequels & variations available for free at Amazon today. They are from Meryton Press. No guarantee as for the quality, but I thought I'd mention them for those who are interested.
Thanks I picked one up. I don't know if I will ever read all these variants of Austen's books but just in case...

Still getting over my cold. I lost my voice so I think some more rest and reading later for me. I'm currently reading Karen Robards' Dark of the Moon in PB. This is a huge book! I left my Kindle upstairs a few nights ago and was too sick to go get it. So I told my hubby to hand me my other Kindle or book. He picks up this huge Omnibus of Karen Robards and hands it to me. I didn't think I get suck in reading a book this heavy but this story is really good so far. I just wish it was in ebook or audio form. I am spoiled by ebooks!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #239
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Ellora's Cave freebies are up:

Scarlet Woman, the third title in the Middlemarch Mates series by Shelley Munro, and Passion Next Door, the first title in the Pleasure Brigade series by Cara Carnes

At all the usual outlets, DRM free (at least at EC and ARe)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #240
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
The first of Bella Andre's very popular self-pubbed Sullivan series is on sale for $0.99 (or $0.59 with vouchercodes40 at Kobo ) This series will soon be released in paperback by Harlequin Mira. I haven't read any of them yet but I see they get consistently good reviews on Goodreads from thousands of ratings.

The Look of Love by Bella Andre (Sullivans #1) Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Chloe Peterson is having a bad night. A really bad night. The large bruise on her cheek can attest to that. And when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, shes convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true. Or is he?

As a successful photographer who frequently travels around the world, Chase Sullivan has his pick of beautiful women, and whenever hes home in San Francisco, one of his seven siblings is usually up for causing a little fun trouble. Chase thinks his life is great just as it isuntil the night he finds Chloe and her totaled car on the side of the road in Napa Valley. Not only has he never met anyone so lovely, both inside and out, but he quickly realizes she has much bigger problems than her damaged car. Soon, he is willing to move mountains to loveand protecther, but will she let him?

Chloe vows never to make the mistake of trusting a man again. Only, with every loving look Chase gives herand every sinfully sweet caressas the attraction between them sparks and sizzles, she cant help but wonder if shes met the only exception. And although Chase didnt realize his life was going to change forever in an instant, amazingly, he isnt the least bit interested in fighting that change. Instead, hes gearing up for a different fight altogether…for Chloes heart.

Last edited by apesmom; 01-30-2013 at 11:42 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote