Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Possible to print a listing of books?

I would like to print out a list or partial list of the books in my calbre system. Is there any way to do this?
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Look at the stickies in the catalogs sub forum.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
I'm sorry, but I don't see how either of these two stickies have anything to do with printing the content of the library (to a real printer)
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to catalog forum.

Create a catalog in CSV format. Import to your favourite spreadsheet application (Excel, OO.org Calc, ...). Format to your liking and print.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There is a problem with the export catalog. There's no option to select the Title Sort Field just the Title field. Thus you get a whole bunch of books whose title all begin with "The.".

It's a nit I realize but I'd rather not have my listing sorted by "The".
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
There is a problem with the export catalog. There's no option to select the Title Sort Field just the Title field. Thus you get a whole bunch of books whose title all begin with "The.".

My titles in my catalog do not use the A or The to sort. Check out the Preferences - Tweak area and choose the tweak that allows you to sort so a title like "The Client" sorts under C for Client and not T for The.

I am in the middle of a large conversion so I can't be more specific.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
My titles in my catalog do not use the A or The to sort. Check out the Preferences - Tweak area and choose the tweak that allows you to sort so a title like "The Client" sorts under C for Client and not T for The.

I am in the middle of a large conversion so I can't be more specific.
I believe that tweak is "Control Sorting of Titles and series in the library display". I have not changed it and it is set to "library order." When I'm in calibre and looking at the library display, if I click on the Title column it will sort the titles like this: "Client, The". That's good, that's what I want.

I'm trying to create a list of books that are on my kindle. So I first click on the Title column, than I click on the Device Column. At the end of the list are all the titles on my kindle properly sorted. I select them and generate a catalog in csv format using only the title field.

When I open the csv file in excel, the Title field contains data like: "The Client". And the csv list is not in any order. So in excel I sort on the Title column and I end up with all books beginning with "The" together.

The problem is that when selecting what columns to use to create the CSV file, the "Title Sort" field is not offered. The catalog is created with titles containing leading "The's" and the like.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The problem is that when selecting what columns to use to create the CSV file, the "Title Sort" field is not offered. The catalog is created with titles containing leading "The's" and the like.
Good point my catalog is a ePub and the titles in the title list sort by title sort.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Good point my catalog is a ePub and the titles in the title list sort by title sort.
The Title_sort field is not available in the Commandline of "calibredb" either
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
I just took a peek at creating an epub catalog and the options or more extensive than for CSV. I wonder why the options are so restrictive for csv? Without the title sort field, you can't produce a true alpha sorted listing of books.

Oh well, the listing I got is good enough for my purposes.

Edit: Calibre is still one great piece of software. One of the most useful applications I have ever used.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Patch submitted enabling output of title_sort in CSV/XML in both CLI and GUI, will be in next release.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Patch submitted enabling output of title_sort in CSV/XML in both CLI and GUI, will be in next release.

G
Excellent. That will be nice to have.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 AM   #13
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:

Weird, as I specifically make sure all my titles are correct as the author intended, in the sortfield to, it would be just weird to not have the "the's and "A's" it wouldn't sound right in my head... lol.
Is this something you do with music albums too?, not being rude just intrested
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Weird, as I specifically make sure all my titles are correct as the author intended, in the sortfield to, it would be just weird to not have the "the's and "A's" it wouldn't sound right in my head... lol.
Is this something you do with music albums too?, not being rude just intrested
It's cool asking, and it's an example of how people think differently. It just makes sense to me not to sort by "the", at the very least. I think if you go to a library you will find Jeffery Deaver's "The Coffin Dancer" under "Coffin Dancer, The" or Arthur C. Clarke's "The Ghost from the Grand Banks" under "Ghost from the Grand Banks, The". A book store would be the same. If you're looking in the mystery section, do you really want to find all the "the's" bunched together?

However, I would expect to find Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" filed just that way.

Tags
printer